Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

18 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Marvel couldn't make audiences watch their shows on broadcast tv for free, good luck getting people to pay a monthly subscription to watch subpar writing and acting.

Marvel has just been a huge failure on TV, but that is precisely why they can do this. It isn't like Disney will be losing much revenue (unlike Warner if they moved their very lucrative CW/Netflix DC series to a streaming service that almost nobody has).

5 minutes ago, Avatree said:

or maybe its vice versa -- the content that goes out for free is the weaker stuff, you pay premium if you want premium content.

kind of how network/cable TV has worked since... forever?

Next thing you'll be telling me that game of thrones is higher quality than CSI Miami.

Not forever, it has been like this for only a decade or so. Until (relatively) recently the most expensive and prestigious shows were more likely to air on network TV.

Edited by MrGlass2

7 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Expected, you never disappoint. Your irrational hatred for anything Marvel has provided a lot of comedy. 

On the other hand the though of how much burn MCU’s utter dominance over all these years must have caused you is one of the greatest pleasures this board has given me. 

I’m really looking forward to your posts when Endgame comes out

I don't think you'll see me saying anything about it, I don't usually care about childrens movies, the last one I saw was The Boss Baby

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Not forever, it has been like this for only a decade or so. Until (relatively) recently the most expensive and prestigious shows were more likely to air on network TV.

no not forever but you know what I meant :P

I don't know anything about american TV though.

Edited by Avatree

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

no not forever but you know what I meant :P 

I don't know anything about american TV though.

The point is that there were all sorts of reasons to pay for cable (now streaming): genre/niche shows, sports, adult content...

Quality ("premium content") wasn't really a factor until the last few years, with the exception of HBO.

Edited by MrGlass2

On 7/31/2018 at 7:11 AM, Napoleon said:

Finally saw Infinity War.

I'm officially giving up on trying to understand people. After this, I'm 100% sure Donald Trump will get re-elected.

World's really gone crazy. Yikes.

On 7/31/2018 at 7:15 PM, Napoleon said:

But I have to admit I'm very interested in knowing what's going to happen in Infinity War Part 2, I'll probably be there opening day. Damn it.

T1GteW9.gif

17 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I don't think you'll see me saying anything about it, I don't usually care about childrens movies, the last one I saw was The Boss Baby

You are not a very good liar. 

And for someone so apparently disinterested, you sure do talk a heck of a lot about them. I remember you posting how bad IW was doing in some countries threads :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Avatree said:

incredibles 2 was very smart and funny, spiderverse was not good.

Whats smart about a rehash of the first Incredibles films..

Anyways... can't believe That Agents of Shit show is still going...they really are aiming for 10 seasons...:hahaha: 

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Could say the same about all the DC CW shows....for the record I like all of them

Most of those CW Dc shows  are bad....but that's the CW, they dominate there...Agents of Shit is on ABC where loads more successful shows have been cancelled.... They can give the show 20 more seasons if they want....Its still a money losing failure 

13 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

You are not a very good liar. 

And for someone so apparently disinterested, you sure do talk a heck of a lot about them. I remember you posting how bad IW was doing in some countries threads :rofl:

I was just teasing you. I don't know why you act like I'm a hater, I already admitted I loved Ant-man and the Wasp and I hated Aquaman. If Marvel makes movies I like I will enjoy it and be honest about it and when DC does movies I don't like, it's going to be the same thing. I'm allowed to not enjoy things other people like.

What she said makes sense. It is easier for people to make movies (including women) now because of things like phones. I mean High Flying Bird just released and was filmed with an iPhone and is probably the best film of the year right now. What she said has nothing to do with SJW-ness or diversity. 

• Like 2