Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

What she said makes sense. It is easier for people to make movies (including women) now because of things like phones. I mean High Flying Bird just released and was filmed with an iPhone and is probably the best film of the year right now. What she said has nothing to do with SJW-ness or diversity. 

The choice or words felt very much SJW-ness and yes it was under the optic of diversity, if you reduce the bar of what is needed to producer and distribute content normally it should augment diversity of content. Does sound trivial and quite uncontroversial, people are purely triggered because of trigger word in there, like privilege and so on.

Edited by Barnack

45 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Is she aware those phones are made in what are basically death camps? The next stage of the revolution? I can't even laugh at that, it's just sad. 

Was is not just OGM in India farmers suicide level of fake news non sense ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/07/10/apples-chinese-suicides-and-the-amazing-economics-of-ha-joon-chang/

There were up to 14 suicides (it depends whose count you want to use) among that 1 million. The average rate of suicide in China is 22 per 100,000 people per year. That is, the suicide rate at Foxconn was under 5% of the general suicide rate of the Chinese population.

The mineral wars and many other aspect are terrible, but is the manufacturing of phone situation quite different than TV, computers, clothes, some cars parts, bus parts, plane parts, etc.... ?

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Was is not just OGM in India farmers suicide level of fake news non sense ?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/07/10/apples-chinese-suicides-and-the-amazing-economics-of-ha-joon-chang/

There were up to 14 suicides (it depends whose count you want to use) among that 1 million. The average rate of suicide in China is 22 per 100,000 people per year. That is, the suicide rate at Foxconn was under 5% of the general suicide rate of the Chinese population.

The mineral wars and many other aspect are terrible, but is the manufacturing of phone situation quite different than TV, computers, clothes, some cars parts, bus parts, plane parts, etc.... ?

The suicide rate was so low they put up celebration nets all around the dorms! I've been to China, spent about 3 months combined there... don't believe everything you hear about China. You have to experience China first hand in a 3rd and 4th tier city before you realize China is good at blowing smoke both literally and figuratively.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pure Spirit said:

The suicide rate was so low they put up celebration nets all around the dorms! I've been to China, spent about 3 months combined there... don't believe everything you hear about China. You have to experience China first hand in a 3rd and 4th tier city before you realize China is good at blowing smoke both literally and figuratively.

Why do you say so low it is still 14 people and if they do it on a particular spot it is a good idea to put a net there (there is protective nets from the puck in every nhl arena because there was one death one year), but when you are a company of nearly 1 million employee you will have many suicide among them every year, the step to say that it is a special level / crisis can easily be manufactured, specially if the company is a big traded public one.

And that was my main point, lot of stuff is China made and not in better condition (allegedly in average worst condition)

The Genius of western capitalism in the ast 40 years or so, exporting Charlie Chaplin s nightmare, Modern Times in countries nobody in the west gives a fuck.

Evil and Genius.

Now people can argue on social media if they are victimized or outraged about something while slave shops around the world give them the free time to do so. 

Evil and genius.

Crossposting after I was prompted to do these calcs over in the CM thread: 

RT isn’t perfect, but over the last 12 MCU movies (the golden age that Winter Soldier kicked off):   

Average critic score 88, min 75 (AoU) 

Average Audience score 86.4, min 77  (AM&TW)

CM looks likely to keep those about the same as a 13 movie streak but I won’t count it yet.    

Pixar’s golden streak is only 11 movies long, Toy Story through TS3, ended by Cars 2. Their stats for that streak are an insane:   

Average critic 95, min 74 (Cars) 

averwge audience 85, min 72 (Bug’s Life)

So, tl;dr, Pixar’s quality was noticeably higher for critics, but slightly worse on audience rating and they couldn’t keep the streak alive as long.     

Edit: I’m happy to run the same stats for any double digit franchise streak that seems like plausible competition, but I don9t think any others exist. Certainly not SW, HP, or Bond and almost nothing else has enough movies in the first place.

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Yikes. Guess this one I'll wait for the torrent.

There is a million other reactions that are praising the film's tone, acting, action, and nineties setting. In fact, that is the first bad reaction I see. It has pretty much garnered almost unanimous praise...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

There is a million other reactions that are praising the film's tone, acting, action, and nineties setting. In fact, that is the first bad reaction I see. It has pretty much garnered almost unanimous praise...

That comment is coming from someone who claims that Batman v Superman was loved by audiences. Best not pay attention.

7 hours ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

A million?

Did you mean 20?