Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

That comment is coming from someone who claims that Batman v Superman was loved by audiences. Best not pay attention.

TRust Napoleon to seek out a rare negative review, and post that to "Prove" that the movie sucks.

Napoleon's hatred of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is so painfully obvious that everybody except a few fellow Snyder fanboys take him seriously any more.

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

TRust Napoleon to seek out a rare negative review, and post that to "Prove" that the movie sucks.

Napoleon's hatred of the Marvel Cinematic Universe is so painfully obvious that everybody except a few fellow Snyder fanboys take him seriously any more.

The dude named himself after this guy.

Related image

What'd ya expect?

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

there were no other Marvel movies by Marvel, beside some co-tries.

That's what I mean when I said non-Spidey Marvel movies. Although, yeah technically just non-Spidey superhero movies in general in the 2000s. There were plenty in the ballpark of Thor, TFAvenger, and TIHulk.

Edited by 2kt09

Being mad at the MCU because Snyder failed to make DC films that people liked is weird. Love BvS but just accept that a lot of people didn't buy what Snyder was selling. I watched Batman Begins yesterday. WB and Snyder took the wrong lessons from that film. 

• Like 2

The shit that has been thrown at DC fans will come back to Marvel/Disney fans eventually.  I'm glad Aquaman curbed MPR. Hell even James Wan talked about it.  

DC/WB aren't taking Disney's shit anymore.  Disney will have their record year this year and Marvel will have their swan song but from here on out the fight is going to be much closer. 

Wb/Dc is going to win this year. 

MARK MY WORDS SHAZAM WILL HAVE A BETTER RT SCORE THAN FAKE CAPTAIN MARVEL AND AVENGERS THAT NEVER ENDS. 

CAPTAIN MARVEL 70%+

AVENGERS 4   80s%+

SHAZAM 90%+

DC IS FAR BETTER THAN TRASH MCU. 

NEXT YEAR WE HAVE 

BOP

WW1984

HELL THESE TWO WILL KICK MCU ASS FOREVER

1 minute ago, Madhunt said:

Wb/Dc is going to win this year. 

MARK MY WORDS SHAZAM WILL HAVE A BETTER RT SCORE THAN FAKE CAPTAIN MARVEL AND AVENGERS THAT NEVER ENDS. 

CAPTAIN MARVEL 70%+

AVENGERS 4   80s%+

SHAZAM 90%+

DC IS FAR BETTER THAN TRASH MCU. 

NEXT YEAR WE HAVE 

BOP

WW1984

HELL THESE TWO WILL KICK MCU ASS FOREVER

Go read some books kid, stop trolling

26 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Why can't we love both ?

I mean, fucking seriously, how hard this can be ?

Sometime it feel forced, in sport there is an actual winner take all, if someone else team win it mean your favorite team didn't, being a good field to get into some fight about it.

With giant superheroes movies working has a quasi-monopoly structure to maximize profits like they are doing ? It is even the other way around, far from a winner take all, a looser can hurt the other one situation.

Agree with @Barnack that fandom is pretty much like sports these days with box office and "audience scores" the rules of determining which side has the "upper hand". It's alright if it's in good fun (I'm definitely not above it) but it easily devolves into toxicity especially with the anonymity of the internet. 

• Like 1

The MCU isn't going anywhere and rightfully so. But Aquaman and Wonder Woman showed that audiences will like and support the DC films as long as they find them decent. Which is a "no shit" revelation honestly. Can't change the past though, WB can only do what they are doing now, move on and take the parts that work and throw everything else in the garbage. As long as it's high enough to not hurt its box office numbers then DC fans shouldn't care about Shazam's Rotten Tomatoes score. 

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DMan7 said:

The dude named himself after this guy.

No, he named himelf after Napoleon Solo, see U.N.C.L.E. (a movie I love, but not the behavior of our Napoleon here), He is a fan of the actor, see also his Avatar. who happen to have played both roles.

4 hours ago, 2kt09 said:

That's what I mean when I said non-Spidey Marvel movies. Although, yeah technically just non-Spidey superhero movies in general in the 2000s. There were plenty in the ballpark of Thor, TFAvenger, and TIHulk.

but they did not get the adience reactions like you described. SH movies are more than 'only' Marvel based ones, and even the other Marvel ased ones had a better result thn the ones you listed up to a decade earlier. Add inflation,.. look into budget,... What got a very good reception was IM 1, but not then IHulk, Thor, and CA 1 to varying degees BO-wise (= audience that then bothered to watch in in a cinema). Hence I really do not understand your wording.

40 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

The Marvel vs DC war has always been like sports teams.  It will continue to be toxic.

The majority if the audience des not follow this POV (and I am very glad about that, as I think there is no need to handle both fanchises this way)

• Like 2

Started to see CM vs Alita posts on twitter... i really hope that this kind of meme does not take off. Comparing both is fine once they are released, but condemning CM even before seeing it is a little annoying. Also, i hope that this stuff is not the reason for Alitas extreme user rating on RT.

All this constant politics crap is starting to get to me a little :whosad:

Edited by chuck0

19 hours ago, Wonder89 said:

No way this will made less that 1B, point of failure is under 140m OW and under 850m WW

Are you seriously saying that if CM opened with 139 million and grossed 849 million worldwide it would be a failure?

Come on...you are giving thr trolls more ammo to crap on the film if it does box office that is as solid as they come. If those numbers are a failure, then Wonder Woman (103 OW, 821 global total) was one of WB's biggest flops of all time, right?)

• Thanks 1