Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

38 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It's not even about Franchise Wars anymore lol

From my POV this thread is about Jim being on top when it is at its best.

Then the CONSTANT super hero TV show talk... Christ

• Like 2

I was big on EG for 3B WW and I now see that 3B is most likely going to happen with some December movie cause longer legs that isn't a sequel/prequel/sidequel/anything that requires previous knowledge. EG opened the biggest a movie can physically open but holds weren't up to snuff, most likely because the movie was much more for fans who catch every reference than casual audience. So casuals didn't return for more viewings. That's why I think that 3B will be broken by something that everyone can follow and likely a December release cause less competition and longer legs.

On 5/7/2019 at 2:05 AM, Ozymandias said:

A new day is coming folks, the sun is arising.  In 1-2 weeks Abadah will be Thanos snapped.   The best part is that EG is gonna do it without the historically shitty dollar ER/+ short lived 3D zeitgeist that Abadah had, making it resounding.  No more lame fallback position of "but muh ovahsees" by the Cameron Cultists(we'll call them CCs for short) after Abadah got stomped domestically 4 years ago.  Its perfect.001.gif

Remember this gem folks? :Gaga:

I look forward to trawling back through the catalog for diamonds like these. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Remember this gem folks? :Gaga:

I look forward to trawling back through the catalog for diamonds like these. 

I didn’t think the legs would collapse after its 2nd weekend but having seen the movie I get why, most of it is fucking boring outside the last act but even that was an lame underwhelming whirlwind of CGI. I don’t regret the shitposting though, sometimes you just gotta get it on.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

12 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

If we're doing this, Logan and Days of Future Past are better than 100% of the MCU

Agree, but I wasn't planning on rewatching those until later this week 

• Like 1

I don't know where else to put this, cause we don't have the SDCC 2019 Thread up {1} and my Thoughts TM on this might come off as Fangirl War-ish:

It: Chapter 2 Coming To SDCC; WB To Set Out Hall H

THIS IS SO EFFING GOD DAMN STUPID.  OMG.  WHAAAAAAAA.

I'm shookth.  I will be the first to tell you, I'm not a fan of the WB Presentation on Saturday.  I consider it more of requisite before Kevin rolls up.  But WB just flat out conceding to Marvel is mindblowing.

ESPECIALLY this year.  That crowd will be your MOST FRIENDLY audience.  It's your core fans.  That crowd LOVES Godzilla. You want to start rebranding/rehyping everyone for Godzilla v Kong, that's the place to do it.  Principal Photography just wrapped, but c'mon, WB.  Remember that time Sam Raimi showed raw footage of Spider-Man?  Remember when Marvel purposely arranged their production schedule so they could have GOTG scenes to show?  We've been at this for a Decade.  Stop being so afraid that someone's going to put up a shitty cam of your footage and SHOW SOMETHING.  Be bold for once.   

And why are you not showing Wonder Woman?  Not showing Birds of Prey?  Not showing Joker?  Are you just trying to save money?  They don't bring out every god damn actor in your cast!  Or just bring the directors and FOOTAGE. NO EXCUSE. 

good luck charlie what GIF

(Already @DeeCee, can I start one this early?  It might be bad to post upcoming announcements and things to look out for.  I don't mind handling all that stuff.)

17 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Remember this? Feel old yet?

smug.jpg

Does this kind of crap..on both sides....serve any purpose but to start another freaking dumpster fire fan war?

God, a lot of people here have a lot of growing up to do.

Just now, dudalb said:

Does this kind of crap..on both sides....serve any purpose but to start another freaking dumpster fire fan war?

God, a lot of people here have a lot of growing up to do.

• Like 1

And,as noted, Dark Phonix is getting a F4 2015 level critical reception. Sad end to a successful franchise that really trigger the boom in Comic Book Movies. Yes, the franchsie had it';s up and downs, but on the whole produced more good movies then bad ones. I sort of wish Logan would have  been the last film n the franchise so they could have gone out on a high note.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Imagine putting your heart and soul into making the highest grossing movie of all time, and ten years later nobody remembers it except for "ooooo pretty effects"

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1