Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 minutes ago, I Am said:

This means no one in Japan cares about the movie.

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/09/12/world/science-health-world/ancient-flying-dragon-reptile-named-avatar-creature/

Ah yes because twitter is the metric by which we should measure all cultures. What a sad small world you must inhabit. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2014/09/12/world/science-health-world/ancient-flying-dragon-reptile-named-avatar-creature/

Ah yes because twitter is the metric by which we should measure all cultures. What a sad small world you must inhabit. 

It's a way better measurement than one or two scientists years ago naming an organism after a creature from the movie.

All this coming up from someone who's primary measuring stick is: "go ask 50 random people outside".

Desperately trying to find cooperative evidence using extremely weird methods doesn't repair your credibility. Should I search for "Alita" in a Spanish language search engine? Because that's gonna give me a lot of results! It must mean everyone is talking about it...! 🙄🙄🙄

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Any update on the date sacken? 

One of the major annoyances of IW/EG's success, is how these lines (such as what you quoted) now completely plagued the Internet, most times used in unfunny and uninteresting ways:

"Dread it, run from it, Destiny Arrives Blah Blah Blah", and

"in time you will know what it’s like to lose. To feel so desperately Blah Blah Blah"

These things are so rampant, un-creative and I have to award them an eyeroll whenever I see them, which is hundreds of times per day. 

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

D9BkZOtXoAcAGP1.jpg:large

From what Snyder has said, it seems like JL2 was meant to serve as DC’s Infinity War, in that it was to be the penultimate chapter of big story arc that would’ve ended on a massive downer. That would’ve been interesting to see, but at the same time, it probably would’ve had a difficult time shaking off the Marvel comparisons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

From what Snyder has said, it seems like JL2 was meant to serve as DC’s Infinity War, in that it was to be the penultimate chapter of big story arc that would’ve ended on a massive downer. That would’ve been interesting to see, but at the same time, it probably would’ve had a difficult time shaking off the Marvel comparisons. 

And it would have looked like DC has ran out of ideas and was blatenlty copying Marvel Studios.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:59 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:
Rank Title Studio Worldwide Domestic / % Overseas / % Year^
1 Avatar Fox $2,788.0 $760.5 27.3% $2,027.5 72.7% 2009^
2 Avengers: Endgame BV $2,732.8 $825.8 30.2% $1,907.0 69.8% 2019

What is there to argue about?

cameron-removebg-preview.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Financial_crisis_of_2007–2008

RIP old man Cameroon.

Avatar has been erased. The fact that End Game would have been at 3 billion with last years exchange rates. Anyways looking forward to Avatar 2 BOMBING 

cameron-removebg-preview.png

11 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Notice how the MCU fans have all gone quiet. I wonder why that is? 

Perhaps because we are busy reading about the upcoming Spider-man movie and Phase 4. We love a franchise that doesn't delay releases for over a decade to inflate their numbers with financial collapses. 

Since we are on Justice League and I cant find its original thread, here is a go fund me for the Snyder Cut

https://www.gofundme.com/ReleaseTheSnyderCut

So their plan is to advertise it at the SDCC which involves

- 2 hour airplane banner over SDCC

- Billboard ad close to SDCC

- Half Page ad in the THR’s special SDCC edition

- Bus Stop Ad

- Carrying ReleaseTheSnyderCut signs throughout the convention centre, possibly by cosplayers

- Handing out swag and fliers about the Snyder cut and their cause

Btw half of the donations goes to a suicide prevention charity. 

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, HeadShot said:

MCU will have grossed 5 billion this year alone. That's almost the total of all James Cameron movies combined. 

Man you are SEETHING. 

7 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Since we are on Justice League and I cant find its original thread, here is a go fund me for the Snyder Cut

- Bus Stop Ad

- Carrying ReleaseTheSnyderCut signs throughout the convention centre, possibly by cosplayers

Good cause. I have donated even though they reached the goal. 

I was watching the "Ma" movie a couple days ago. I was set to anoint Octavia Spencer's Ma the new #1 villain of 2019 😂

I dunno, then the ending of the movie happened, and it was just...too bizarre, and a little on the heavy side. 

As you know, I like my villains a combination of psychosis, violence, megalomania, eccentric, and, you know, comedic 😂.

Ma's motivation, was a little too much on the dark and heavy side. If they would have kept it like, she was an outcast out for revenge 😂...crappy job at the animal clinic, with the a-hole boss 😂...

So, I'm gonna stick with Samuel L Jackson's Mr Glass at #1 😂...Thanos as runner-up, and we'll see what the rest of the year brings.

Edited by OdinSon2k14

On 6/13/2019 at 7:08 PM, WhiteWings said:

All this coming up from someone who's primary measuring stick is: "go ask 50 random people outside".

James Cameron nuts thinking the three people on this board and the seven people on r/movies are going to drive "Avatar 2" to $2834 billion is an even better measuring stick.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:37 PM, ZeeSoh said:

- Bus Stop Ad

Have the gotten Warners OK for this?.

And how much money would it cost to get the Snyder but in halfway presentable shape?

I think a Snyder cut would end up being like the Donner cut of Superman 2:an interesting curiosity then a actual film.

Npthong will come of this. Another effort of enthusiatic fans who probably don't really understand the realities of the way the film business works.

I doubt Warners want to put another dime in JL.

Edited by dudalb