Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 6/14/2019 at 9:37 PM, ZeeSoh said:

Since we are on Justice League and I cant find its original thread, here is a go fund me for the Snyder Cut

https://www.gofundme.com/ReleaseTheSnyderCut

So their plan is to advertise it at the SDCC which involves

- 2 hour airplane banner over SDCC

- Billboard ad close to SDCC

- Half Page ad in the THR’s special SDCC edition

- Bus Stop Ad

- Carrying ReleaseTheSnyderCut signs throughout the convention centre, possibly by cosplayers

- Handing out swag and fliers about the Snyder cut and their cause

Btw half of the donations goes to a suicide prevention charity. 

Don’t tell MovieBob about this...

On 6/15/2019 at 3:37 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Since we are on Justice League and I cant find its original thread, here is a go fund me for the Snyder Cut

https://www.gofundme.com/ReleaseTheSnyderCut

So their plan is to advertise it at the SDCC which involves

- 2 hour airplane banner over SDCC

- Billboard ad close to SDCC

- Half Page ad in the THR’s special SDCC edition

- Bus Stop Ad

- Carrying ReleaseTheSnyderCut signs throughout the convention centre, possibly by cosplayers

- Handing out swag and fliers about the Snyder cut and their cause

Btw half of the donations goes to a suicide prevention charity. 

The Hardy Cut of Venom would make more money.

6 hours ago, AndyK said:

The Hardy Cut of Venom would make more money.

I got a feeling Warners agrees with you, which is why the Snyder cut of JL is almost certainly not going to happen.

A lot of the Snyder footage is raw footage, and it would cost a lot to bring it up to releasable standards. In fact some sources are saying that a complete Snyder cut might not even exist. I don't think  Warners is going to spend a dime more on JL or the Snyderverse. I think they just want to forget they ever happened, and move on.

But if people want to throw away their money on something that will slmost certainly never happen, that is their right.

23 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I got a feeling Warners agrees with you, which is why the Snyder cut of JL is almost certainly not going to happen.

A lot of the Snyder footage is raw footage, and it would cost a lot to bring it up to releasable standards. In fact some sources are saying that a complete Snyder cut might not even exist. I don't think  Warners is going to spend a dime more on JL or the Snyderverse. I think they just want to forget they ever happened, and move on.

But if people want to throw away their money on something that will slmost certainly never happen, that is their right.

Snyder has said that there is an existing cut of his version of the film, but that the visual effects aren’t complete. Of course, the movie we ended up getting didn’t exactly have cutting edge effects, and that was released in theaters. Still, if the so-called Snyder cut ever were to see the light of day, it’d probably be many years from now, just like with the Donner cut of Superman II. 

7 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Snyder has said that there is an existing cut of his version of the film, but that the visual effects aren’t complete. Of course, the movie we ended up getting didn’t exactly have cutting edge effects, and that was released in theaters. Still, if the so-called Snyder cut ever were to see the light of day, it’d probably be many years from now, just like with the Donner cut of Superman II. 

Anyway the amount of money needed to put in the VSX in the Snyder version is going to run into the millions; Warners won't spend the money...chances of them getting them getting it back, let alone make a profit, are way too low...and no way the fan campaign will be able to raise anywhere near the amount needed, even if Warners would go along, which, for various reasons, they probably would not.

A lot of fan campaigns like this are very,very unrealistic..and that is putting it kindly.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Snyder could also be a big liar

41 minutes ago, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Snyder could also be a big liar

We just don't know if there is a complete Snyder cut or not.

But one thing we do know:A lot of the Snyder footage is raw footage with no SFX or post production fixes added, and adding them will not be cheap. I just don't think Warners is in any mood to throw more money down the rathole, and just wants to put JL and the whole Snyderverse fiasco  behind them.

And the fan based camaping has the chances of a snowball in hell of raising the millions necessary to get the Snyder cut..if it does exist in a complete form...into halfway releasable shape.

If by some mirical it should happen I predict it will be like the Donner cut of Superman Two" An interesting curioisity, but not really a finished film.