Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

It's kind of like someone who used to be really attractive is really hideous talking about how attractive they were decades ago. Like we get it, you looked good in the past you're old now. 

You do know Avatar 2 is coming out in 2021 and that Avatar is still the highest grossing film off all time?

Let me repeat, its still the highest grossing film of all time.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Oh look, a delusional Cameron fanboy chimes in:

2-E7-B0-FCA-377-E-4-E38-9-E19-0-FA11-B6-

It’s over 6 weeks into the run before anyone mentions a number that includes $2.7B or higher. Every estimate before that was a lowball, even the big ranges that assumed smaller drops. Avatar rewrote the rules. Pandora rules.

It's beautiful. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Pretty sure that's Endgame. How about you stop trolling and accept the truth Jimbo. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

You do know Avatar 2 is coming out in 2021 and that Avatar is still the highest grossing film off all time?

Exactly my point lol. And of course it is no one is disputing that. If it lost the #1 it would still be ahead on adjusted.

6 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

Well Mickey Mouse won't make a mutant Franchise film on the level of Logan Deadpool , XDOFP....So...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Exactly my point lol. And of course it is no one is disputing that. If it lost the #1 it would still be ahead on adjusted.

Your point was that your analogy made no sense??

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Your point was that your analogy made no sense??

My point was that you keep bringing up avatar like it matters a decade later. No one gives a shit. The title matters but you needlessly bring it up even more than the craziest of MCU Stans. Hell I loved that film, I'm just not a nutjob about it. 

Because you keep bringing it up everywhere? Avatar is #1 regardless what happens if not #2 due to Titanic adjusted for the modern era. The end.

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Because you keep bringing it up everywhere? Avatar is #1 regardless what happens if not #2 due to Titanic adjusted for the modern era. The end.

"No one goes to that cafe anymore because it's always full."

Not only do you seem to not understand certain terms, you also seem to lack basic reasoning faculties. What you are saying makes zero sense. 

• Like 1

To an obsessed fan from a movie 10 years ago with a sequel delayed for a decade.

It's more like a Michelin 3* restaurant that closed its doors and people keep talking about how much it better it is than the current stuff.  It was better (not disputing) but it's been over for a long time and it remains to be seen if the sequel will ever actually finish or be as good.

I was reading David Ehrlich's article on the lack of sex in the MCU and I'm wondering if we will ever get a sex-positive superhero movie like Wonder Woman ever again (which, I think, was a pretty bold move for a mainstream superhero movie).

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Well, if you get into adjusted figures Avatar is not number one....Gone With The Wind is #1 by a pretty good margin.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I was reading David Ehrlich's article on the lack of sex in the MCU and I'm wondering if we will ever get a sex-positive superhero movie like Wonder Woman ever again (which, I think, was a pretty bold move for a mainstream superhero movie).

Never heard of Captain Marvel have you?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Sex in the MCU ...:hahaha:

They barely do any form of romance or love interests these days...The Nat and Bruce debacle really scared them..

I remember the Tony and random reporter scene in Iron man 1 and Bruce and Betty scene in Incredible Hulk....I miss phase 1

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cdsacken said:

To an obsessed fan from a movie 10 years ago with a sequel delayed for a decade.

It's more like a Michelin 3* restaurant that closed its doors and people keep talking about how much it better it is than the current stuff.  It was better (not disputing) but it's been over for a long time and it remains to be seen if the sequel will ever actually finish or be as good.

What annoys me about the Over The Top Cameron  Fans is that they have to run down just about every other successful movie and/or franchise. The contempt for "Cape Movies" is pretty silly given Cameron spent a good deal of the 90's trying to get a Spidereman film made. And there open cheering for the Star Wars franchsie to fail has turned me to root for that franchise despite the problems I have with the more recent offerings.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

What annoys me about the Over The Top Cameron  Fans is that they have to run down just about every other successful movie and/or franchise. The contempt for "Cape Movies" is pretty silly given Cameron spent a good deal of the 90's trying to get a Spidereman film made. And there open cheering for the Star Wars franchsie to fail has turned me to root for that franchise despite the problems I have with the more recent offerings.

duddab you need to just relax.

you need to stop painting with broad strokes and even making stuff up!

Spiderman was a great film, superhero movies had potential back then.

Now it's oversaturated and the quality is ALWAYS mediocre or poor. That's not my fault, perhaps they should make movies that push boundries and are super good?

Now Star Wars? I liked the prequel trilogy and TFA was just SO glib and HEARTLESS.

Your problem is you get upset when people push back against overhyped movies!

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Without reading the article, does he mean that the MCU has shied away from tackling romance in their movies? If so, then with the exception of CM, I can’t say I agree with that sentiment. With that said, I do wonder if the decision to not give Captain Marvel a love interest was partially done because they were worried that if they had her hook up with a man, it would diminish the idea that she’s a strong and independent character, while if they had her hook up with a woman, it would hurt the film’s chances in China.