Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

20 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Lol. As if blockbusters don't pull this kind of re-release nonsense pretty often. This is a non story. 

It's pretty butthurt.

If Avatar lost the title and then rereleased on the year the sequel opens.......I would say GOOD. Some stans are just pathetic and delusional. Hell I hope Avatar does it even if EG doesn't get the title. 

7 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Get ready for the re-re-release

GztLfF9.png

Also known as the REEEEEEEEEEEElease:

dcnkAVZ.png

All I see here are two opinions. Nothing more, nothing less.

7 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Poor avatar stans. It's not even a rerelease and so much butthurt. Pathetic.

its' not they like Avatar so much, but that they hate anything that seems to threaten it.

That, and although they deny that they base their claim to Avatar's greatness on it's being the biggest money maker of all time in terms of raw dollars,that is just what they do. If Avatar is really a great movie, then it's a great movie even if it lost money..which some films now considered to be great actually did.

But really amuses me is there hatred for Marvel and CBM's in general; given that Cameron spent a lot of time in the early 1990's trying to get a Spiderman film mounted. Don't forget, they were running down "Aquaman" because it was going to compete with "Alita" (if Alita had kept it's original opening date..) Or maybe they just resented that running Cameron/Aquaman joke on "Entourage". Though Cameron, to his credit was willing to poke fun at himself with a amusing cameo in "The Muse".

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

21 hours ago, TMP said:

Considering Endgame is the greatest superhero film of all time, I think they could do something like that

And I love the Campea's sweeping judgement onGame  DLC content. Yes, a lot of it is junk, blatent ripoffs but some DLC is also quality stuff.

38 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't recognize the visual there, but if it supposed to be Snyder's version of Darkseid then it's on a par with his version of Luthor................

The picture is fan made. As for the guy who was supposed to play Darkseid (Ray Porter), he’s a complete unknown who does a lot of audiobook narrations. To tell the truth, I actually kind of like how Snyder chose to go with an unknown actor. 

Edited by WittyUsername

59 minutes ago, dudalb said:

its' not they like Avatar so much, but that they hate anything that seems to threaten it.

Nothing has ever threatened it until Endgame, so this is an odd generalization to make. And who could possibly hate a film filled with such visual splendor and imagination, I mean this might be the best shot of all time:

avengers-endgame-final-battle-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Nothing has ever threatened it until Endgame, so this is an odd generalization to make. And who could possibly hate a film filled with such visual splendor and imagination, I mean this might be the best shot of all time:

Wow. It's going to sweep the Oscars! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pure Spirit said:

Look at Mantis go...:hahaha:

41 minutes ago, Hades said:

Look at Mantis go...:hahaha:

Considering we haven't seen any actual combat skills from Mantis, watching her repeatedly shown in the front lines has been kind of hilarious at best.

I'mma put them all to sleep one by one yo!

25 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Considering we haven't seen any actual combat skills from Mantis, watching her repeatedly shown in the front lines has been kind of hilarious at best.

I'mma put them all to sleep one by one yo!

She's a top tier hand to hand fighter in the comics at least

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

No one cares about them any more LE. :whosad:

That's sad, but true.

To be fair, I can't blame people for not caring anymore, the big companies failed to see their business model would die off, and agenda-ridden current state of comics doesn't help at all*

* before anyone jumps in and say that comics always had sociopolitical agendas, let's make sure we know the difference between themes and agendas.

• Like 1

It's funny cause the Cameron stans were very happy with the idea of Avatar getting a rerelease when Avatar 2 comes out when it looked like Endgame was going to beat Avatar but now aren't happy that Endgame is getting an expansion of its screenings while still in theatres. If people don't think it's worth going again for the extra stuff at the end then they won't go.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

That's sad, but true.

To be fair, I can't blame people for not caring anymore, the big companies failed to see their business model would die off, and agenda-ridden current state of comics doesn't help at all*

* before anyone jumps in and say that comics always had sociopolitical agendas, let's make sure we know the difference between themes and agendas.

They over-saturated their own market with rubbish. I think most got what they deserved. 

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

It's funny cause the Cameron stans were very happy with the idea of Avatar getting a rerelease when Avatar 2 comes out when it looked like Endgame was going to beat Avatar but now aren't happy that Endgame is getting an expansion of its screenings while still in theatres. If people don't think it's worth going again for the extra stuff at the end then they won't go.

Who are you referring to? I'm very happy that they're re-releasing EG. 

• Like 1

I'm just awestruck the media keep calling it a re-release.

That is not even categorically correct. It is an expansion of its initial run after a contraction. Really not any different than an expansion we always see when films hit the discount theaters and that is never called a re-release.

A:EG hasn't even gone the discount theater route yet so this terminology mix up is mind boggling.

Expansion of EG not re-release.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

The picture is fan made. As for the guy who was supposed to play Darkseid (Ray Porter), he’s a complete unknown who does a lot of audiobook narrations. To tell the truth, I actually kind of like how Snyder chose to go with an unknown actor. 

I don't mind a unknown actor, but if Porter is primarily a voice actor, I suspect that Darkseid was going to be CGI.

The way Darkseid looks in the comics is iconic; Snyder should have learned from how his Lex Luthor was received that you mess with an icon at your own risk.

I don't understand the crying from Cameron stans. Pure Spirit has gone crazy. It seems only NCSoft is atleast decent dude. Here's the thing Endgame is expanding not re releasing and you guys know it too. The posts you mention from other sources they do click bait headline for ad revenue... You are more reasonable human don't do troll like shit... Also are you that afraid that if Avatar's No.1spot is taken by Endgame that no other Avatar movie will outgrows it.... I think that's the reason you keep defending anyhow for Avatar. If you were so confident you should be saying Avatar 2 has great challenge and hope Cameron can pull it off... Unless you know the drill (shit on Endgame ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1