Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

MCU fans proving themselves once again to the worst fanbase on the internet.

Cameron fans are now finding out what DC fans have known for years. 

Come at me. 

Spoiler Alert: You're all terrible.

16 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Spoiler Alert: You're all terrible.

I guess Warmaster forgot about the death threats critics who gave negative reviews to Batman Versus Superman got back in 2016.

That is th einciedible thing about over the top fanboys;they simply cannot see it when it's their side that does the stupid things.

• Haha 1

On 6/21/2019 at 10:10 AM, Captain Craig said:

I'm just awestruck the media keep calling it a re-release.

That is not even categorically correct. It is an expansion of its initial run after a contraction. Really not any different than an expansion we always see when films hit the discount theaters and that is never called a re-release.

A:EG hasn't even gone the discount theater route yet so this terminology mix up is mind boggling.

Expansion of EG not re-release.

Re-release sells better than expansion. "see it one more time"  before DVD/BluRay (despite it being in theaters in August). 

16 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

MCU fans proving themselves once again to  be the worst fanbase on the internet.

Cameron fans are now finding out what DC fans have known for years. 

Come at me. 

You have a Ben Affleck batman as your icon. I can't even take this post seriously.

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Reminder: ALL of you Fanboys (MCU, DCEU, Cameron, Studio stans) are trash and make things harder for fans.

This. Their behavior is why so many people have a negative view of fandom in general. Not fair, I know but the worst members of a group are often how a group is judged.  As Scar said "Life Isn't Fair, Is It?".

17 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

MCU fans proving themselves once again to  be the worst fanbase on the internet.

Despite the drama over the past two months, I still hold a bigger grudge against the Star Wars fandom.

But fandom rise and fall, in time, MCU fans will probably know what it's like to sit in a corner of a conversation. I recall in the heyday of TFA, Star Wars fans were doing mental gymnastics trying to justify TFA's worldwide performance being greater than that of Avatars (a truly amusing and sad attempt), while simultaneously sneering at Asian film taste (especially Chinese), which is something I will never forget. Where are these people now?

It's amazing how fanboy obnoxiousness and franchise financial performance has an almost perfect positive correlation. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

This. Their behavior is why so many people have a negative view of fandom in general. Not fair, I know but the worst members of a group are often how a group is judged.  As Scar said "Life Isn't Fair, Is It?".

At this point I can barely tell the difference or frequency between a hardcore DCEU and MCU fanboy because they’re both identical and the rush of them during the TLJ/BP/IW is responsible for sending the site down the shitter and causing worthwhile members to leave.

• Thanks 1

I think it might be about time to retire the term “DCEU”. It was never an official term to begin with, and considering that they’re severely de-emphasizing, if not outright contradicting the canon that Zack Snyder established, I see little reason for the term to continue to exist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

Despite the drama over the past two months, I still hold a bigger grudge against the Star Wars fandom.

But fandom rise and fall, in time, MCU fans will probably know what it's like to sit in a corner of a conversation. I recall in the heyday of TFA, Star Wars fans were doing mental gymnastics trying to justify TFA's worldwide performance being greater than that of Avatars (a truly amusing and sad attempt), while simultaneously sneering at Asian film taste (especially Chinese), which is something I will never forget. Where are these people now?

It's amazing how fanboy obnoxiousness and franchise financial performance has an almost perfect positive correlation. 

That's ridiculous. Even if EG passes Avatar it's still less impressive than Avatar and considerably less than Titanic.

• Like 3
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, NCsoft said:

while simultaneously sneering at Asian film taste (especially Chinese), which is something I will never forget. Where are these people now?

Yeah, I agree that sneering at the BO taste of a region of the world is very unforgivable. 

Fortunately, there isn't any other fandom that does that with any other region, no one at all :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, salvador-232 said:

Yeah, I agree that sneering at the BO taste of a region of the world is very unforgivable. 

Fortunately, there isn't any other fandom that does that with any other region, no one at all :rolleyes:

I am glad you agree with me!

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 2

25 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

I'm a Batman/DC fan as you probably know.

I'm teasing, personally I am bale fan, then keaton.

I loved the previous Batman films and loved Aquaman. I'm a CBM fan, independent of MCU/DC. Loved Wonder Woman and will love the sequel.