Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

9 hours ago, Hydrogen said:

So is Avatar actually going to lose or what? I see a lot of different stories in the news will end game need one more re-release? 

IMO it will come down purely to whatever remaining international territories get expansions and how well they do.

Edited by Mekanos

On 7/2/2019 at 12:00 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

Is anyone else of the opinion that EG has impacted the demographic of the BO tracking landscape? I'm personally quite happy to see more people interested in the business, but have seen grumbling by others. 

I started following box office after the great run of jurrasic world.

So I am sure EG did the same for many others.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Moses said:

I started following box office after the great run of jurrasic world.

So I am sure EG did the same for many others.

I think it's always good to see a community you enjoy being a part of grow! 

1 hour ago, VENOM said:

Avatar and endgame still fighting it out, meanwhile Star Wars Rise of the Clickbait will have its work cut out to beat Jumanji 3. 

Are we Venom? 😉

• Like 1

is there any deeper relationship meaning in Inception when Michael Caine says to Dom Cobb "I never taught you to be a thief.", and then Dom Cobb says "you taught me to navigate people's minds, but after what happened, there weren't a whole lot of legitimate ways for me to use that skill".

could that mean like Dom Cobb locked Mal in his basement, and he was taught not to interrupt girls in mid-relationships because of some philosophy of stealing them with mind games?  That he was too powerful and just being around people was like mind control?  a form of Good Luck Chuck in the movie universe?

edit*(i'm not saying the shoe fits close to me, i'd need to sub with different characters,  i'm just wondering)

Edited by Slave Animal Rights

On 6/5/2019 at 6:52 AM, JamesCameronScholar said:

Remember this gem folks? :Gaga:

I look forward to trawling back through the catalog for diamonds like these. 

giphy.gif&key=082697b4e580695256e1710546

I'll be sure to bump that gem when the time comes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hades said:

:thinking:

This is false. Sony has the character rights not Disney. Disney only owns merchandise. 

Please next time before posting fake news check the rights situation. 

Edited by Guest

Getting to the topic Avatar run is much more iconic than Endgame. 

Avatar was not predicted to do well, Endgame was always going to be very less risky. 

Avatar made 2.78B when 2b was just a pipe dream. 

My parents who are not big movie geeks watched Avatar in theatre. They don't even know what Endgame is all about. 

Avatar success goes to James Cameron

Endgame success goes to many directors and producers not just Russo Brothers

Disney was always confident about Endgame. Fox was not confident about Avatar. 

3 minutes ago, GrandierHorror said:

Avatar was not predicted to do well, Endgame was always going to be very less risky. 

My parents who are not big movie geeks watched Avatar in theatre. They don't even know what Endgame is all about. 

Most expectations for EG were in the range of 2.1-2.3 billions.

So it exceeds expectations with a distance also .

1 minute ago, Moses said:

Most expectations for EG were in the range of 2.1-2.3 billions.

So it exceeds expectations with a distance also .

Lol. 😂😂😂

Avatar was not even predicted to cross 1B.

Edited by Guest

4 hours ago, GrandierHorror said:

While I agree with most of what you said, you need to understand that the topic of which movie had more impressive run is SUBJECTIVE, there is no 100% clear objective answer, everyone has opinions and explanations about which one is more impressive.

I myself will always find Avatar`s run more impressive for the reasons you stated above.

we don't need to bash someone if he finds EG run more iconic.

12 hours ago, GrandierHorror said:

lawl

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

lawl

sure showed him 

I think the biggest thing for Avatar is how it dominated in nearly every market that was already mature at the time. Japan, Australia, France, Germany Russia Spain etc. Even when adjusting with exchange rates, it's not even close since the total is sometimes 2-3 times bigger. What's the biggest edge Endgame has on Avatar? China of course. An additional 400m which is absolutely ridiculous considering that Avatar still did extremely well with 200 million. But of course 60 000 screens in China versus 5000 in 2009 will do that for you.

If Endgame had found some legs to match its massive opening and pass 3 billion, there would've been an argument to be made for Endgame, but as it stands Avatar had the most impressive run no doubt.

The most impressive thing about Endgame was its opening, even that isn't so much attributable to the movie itself but more with what came before. 

Still credit goes to Marvel for maintaining such a loyal fanbase

51 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

sure showed him 

I think the biggest thing for Avatar is how it dominated in nearly every market that was already mature at the time. Japan, Australia, France, Germany Russia Spain etc. Even when adjusting with exchange rates, it's not even close since the total is sometimes 2-3 times bigger. What's the biggest edge Endgame has on Avatar? China of course. An additional 400m which is absolutely ridiculous considering that Avatar still did extremely well with 200 million. But of course 60 000 screens in China versus 5000 in 2009 will do that for you.

If Endgame had found some legs to match its massive opening and pass 3 billion, there would've been an argument to be made for Endgame, but as it stands Avatar had the most impressive run no doubt.

The most impressive thing about Endgame was its opening, even that isn't so much attributable to the movie itself but more with what came before. 

Still credit goes to Marvel for maintaining such a loyal fanbase

lawl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wished EG bumped TFA from #1 dom. That it couldn't do it poisons the well for me. That was the record I really wanted to see taken and it didn't happen. 😢 Damn domestic market's love for SW. They did it right when TPM couldn't pass Titanic but why the heck they went so crazy for TFA? I'll never understand.

• Sad 1