Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Wow!!😮😮 So much toxicity against Avatar and Cameron. Avengers Endgame 10 yrs. after Avatar had shady vfx and cgi than Avatar. 

Everything in final battle was muddy to be cost effective. Avatar was all shiny and bright. 

15 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

talking about an eventual Avatar re-release obviously. Titanic did what, 150m from China alone? Avatar would need a fraction of that to get pass EG (if EG makes it that is, how is it looking for EG? those international numbers look pretty weak)

No fucking clue what A2 will make honestly.

If it's rereleased

I think Avatar will be re-released right around A2's release date. And if AEG does end up taking the crown of Avatar, it won't be by much maybe around 5m-10m. But who ever has the record, disney don't care because both franchises are connected to them anyways. We can even say that for every big franchise out there is connected to them, so they seem to be the likely next studio to dethrone their own crown. 

• Disbelief 1

Just now, tawasal said:

I think Avatar will be re-released right around A2's release date. And if AEG does end up taking the crown of Avatar, it won't be by much maybe around 5m-10m. But who ever has the record, disney don't care because both franchises are connected to them anyways. We can even say that for every big franchise out there is connected to them, so they seem to be the likely next studio to dethrone their own crown. 

It will be low single digits in the next couple weeks then it's a certainty. Could die off really faster after the record is broken.

If Avatar is rereleased again before A2 I agree with your scenario. Allows for maximum exposure for Avatar 2 while taking the record back.

7 minutes ago, WhiteWings said:

Waiting for Endgame to pass Avatar

DNsXXq9.jpg

S T A G G E R E D

O

V

E

R

S

E

A

S

EDIT: in all seriousness I am digging the Endgame overseas thread. “How does Endgame pass Avatar?” “Well you see it gets within $6-8M before it stops making money...” “uh huh and how does it pass Avatar” “well you see it’s about the implication” “what implication?” “Disney won’t let it stop” “but you just said it would stop” “Disney can be very forceful”

Edited by Pure Spirit
  • Haha 1

All I care is the following:

what movie will make 3 billie

what movie will win 3-4 All Times crowns in one take (#1 dom, #1 OS, #1 WW, #1 China)

Titanic and Avatar did it. TFA only won dom. EG will only win WW. 

Well, movies? Which one has what it takes? I'm waiting. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

All I care is the following:

what movie will make 3 billie first

what movie will win 3-4 All Times crowns in one take (#1 dom, #1 OS, #1 WW, #1 China)

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Alexdube said:

More like

giphy.gif

how dare you use my weakness which is the Terminator :)

yes I agree about Avatar 2,when it will be released next century, maybe by 2130 or 2150, inflation will carry it to 10B :Venom:

So, no, barring a miracle or another reissue of some kind, Avengers: Endgame won't top Avatar at the global box office. But it will end its run above $850 million domestic and (probably) over $2.78 billion worldwide. That's still a hell of a thing, especially in this VOD/DVD/YouTube/Facebook environment. And, as noted earlier this morning, if Spider-Man: Far From Home tops $1.1 billion, which with $580 million global thus far seems like a fair bet, it'll put Marvel's 2019 output above $5 billion worldwide.

gotta love Scott, sticking to his guns

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's a sad reality that this is even a question, Disney are truly scum.

I honestly don't even think it is a question. It's the biggest movie of all time (still) and primarily known for being a theater experience. I don't even see an alternate reality where this isn't happening. Cameron made one for Titanic and T2, why wouldn't he not make one for his biggest ever? Disney is going to block it? You're really going to strain your relationship with Cameron over something so petty? Seriously how does that phone call go?

Bob Iger: Jim It's Bob, you can't have your Avatar re-release.

Jim: Why not?

Bob Iger: Cause huh... we don't want Avatar to beat Endgame at the box office. 

And it's not like Disney doesn't have a stake in Avatar. They came to Cameron to borrow his IP to build a theme park in Disneyland. Plus they will actually release the movie under the Disney banner. They are going all out with this thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Alexdube said:

I honestly don't even think it is a question. It's the biggest movie of all time (still) and primarily known for being a theater experience. I don't even see an alternate reality where this isn't happening. Cameron made one for Titanic and T2, why wouldn't he not make one for his biggest ever? Disney is going to block it? You're really going to strain your relationship with Cameron over something so petty? Seriously how does that phone call go?

Bob Iger: Jim It's Bob, you can't have your Avatar re-release.

Jim: Why not?

Bob Iger: Cause huh... we don't want Avatar to beat Endgame at the box office. 

And it's not like Disney doesn't have a stake in Avatar. They came to Cameron to borrow his IP to build a theme park in Disneyland. Plus they will actually release the movie under the Disney banner. They are going all out with this thing.

I hope this is the case, Jim has already made it clear he wants a re-release (with improved visuals) before Avatar 2.

• Like 2