Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

30 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

It's actually a little bit sad to see Avatar deposed by something as corporate as AEG, it's like movie making is going the way of video games, where Fifa and COD just keep coming out each year and selling millions. 

The numbers were so insanely manipulated too I think it shows Disney really doesn't care about much, even Iger and Eisner have said  plainly that Disney is about making money and nothing else. 

Here's to another hundred live action remakes and Marvel movies eh. I wonder when they'll move onto the 1960s to start dregging up old cultural icons for us all to consume again :whosad:

Instead of taking the L with some respect you will Cry harder, no Wonder.

Yes Disney is the only corporate that is here for only making money, while JC is making those Avatar sequels for scientific purposes and certainly not for money.

And yes cry about sequels and remakes while at the same time you cheer for 4 sequels, the true meaning of hypocrisy really.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

The difference being we stopped committing horrendous crimes against our own population...

Bet against @JamesCameronScholar he'll actually take you up on it, although you'll have to do something less pathetic than 'don't come back here' XD 

It depends what @Nero's predition is, happy to make terms once he's given suitable predictions against my own.

An aside, @Permanent Magnet FYI it's usually referred to as MI6, never with a lower case 'i' if you're referring to the UK SIS.

6 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Maybe Avatar losing #1 will finally get Cameron Stans to focus on Titanic again instead. By far the more impressive performance (and of course much crazier than Endgame).

Yep. Obviously the GOAT of my lifetime.

12 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Instead of taking the L with some respect you will Cry harder, no Wonder.

Yes Disney is the only corporate that is here for only making money, while JC is making those Avatar sequels for scientific purposes and certainly not for money.

And yes cry about sequels and remakes while at the same time you cheer for 4 sequels, the true meaning of hypocrisy really.

Not true, I think that Cameron should be doing original movies too, I could not care less about the sequels as art, they're about making money. Nothing in what I just said was anything to do with the sequels that are coming! Stop projecting pls

25 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Iger and Eisner have said  plainly that Disney is about making money and nothing else. 

Can you explain this then?

25 minutes ago, Permanent Magnet said:

Here's to another hundred live action remakes and Marvel movies eh

12 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

I could not care less about the sequels as art

Cool then, here are another 4 Avatar sequels and Terminator movie eh.

Edited by Permanent Magnet
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2019 at 4:30 PM, JamesCameronScholar said:

Sad, but it was bound to happen. He got really disillusioned with the fan base and other writers, and I don't really blame him. Got a lot of shit from DC and other writers.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Hydrogen said:

The difference being we stopped committing horrendous crimes against our own population...

Bet against @JamesCameronScholar he'll actually take you up on it, although you'll have to do something less pathetic than 'don't come back here' XD 

Your point do you think India does the same? Don't talk like you know everything. We have come far after the Britishers left us? Do you even the history? India was colonised by British and after they left there were so many problems. We have come so far now Indian economy is fastst growing and much more

https://deadline.com/2019/07/teyonah-parris-elizabeth-olsen-and-paul-bettany-wandavision-disney-plus-marvel-studios-comic-con-1202649993/

Some great news, we're finally getting the Captain Marvel we deserve.  Brie Larson and Carol Danvers cannot quit fast enough, Monica has always been a favourite among comic book fans, especially ever since Agents of HATE (mark my words, this can be another GotG style success for MCU)

• Knock It Off 1

59 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

https://deadline.com/2019/07/teyonah-parris-elizabeth-olsen-and-paul-bettany-wandavision-disney-plus-marvel-studios-comic-con-1202649993/

Some great news, we're finally getting the Captain Marvel we deserve.  Brie Larson and Carol Danvers cannot quit fast enough, Monica has always been a favourite among comic book fans, especially ever since Agents of HATE (mark my words, this can be another GotG style success for MCU)

Brie Larsen isn't going anywhere. Monica isn't going to be Captain Marvel (at least not for a long time and then it will be a passing of the torch ala another Captain). Get used to her for the next decade. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

October 4, 2019 - Joker

February 7, 2020 - Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
April 3, 2020 - New Mutants
May 1, 2020 - Black Widow
June 5, 2020 - Wonder Woman 1984
July 31, 2020 - Sony/Marvel Morbius Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Sony/Marvel Sequel (Venom 2)
November 6, 2020 - Eternals

February 12, 2021 - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
May 7, 2021 - Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness
June 25, 2021 - Batman Film
August 6, 2021 - Suicide Squad Sequel
November 5, 2021 - Thor: Love and Thunder

February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
December 22, 2022 - Aquaman 2

32 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Brie Larsen isn't going anywhere. Monica isn't going to be Captain Marvel (at least not for a long time and then it will be a passing of the torch ala another Captain). Get used to her for the next decade. 

tenor.gif?itemid=5743603

1 hour ago, VenomXXR said:

Delusional to assume otherwise. Captain Marvel outperformed every projection. It was a smashing success

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

Marvel - DC - Fox - Sony - Sony/Marvel

October 4, 2019 - Joker

February 7, 2020 - Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
April 3, 2020 - Untitled DC Film
April 3, 2020 - New Mutants
May 1, 2020 - Black Widow
June 5, 2020 - Wonder Woman 1984
July 31, 2020 - Sony/Marvel Morbius Film
October 2, 2020 - Untitled Sony/Marvel Sequel (Venom 2)
November 6, 2020 - Eternals

February 12, 2021 - Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
May 7, 2021 - Doctor Strange In the Multiverse of Madness
June 25, 2021 - Batman Film
August 6, 2021 - Suicide Squad Sequel
November 5, 2021 - Thor: Love and Thunder

February 18, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
May 6, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
July 29, 2022 - Untitled Marvel Film
December 22, 2022 - Aquaman 2

I wouldn't be shocked if WB are able to squeeze in Black Adam for March or April 2021.