Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

Fandom would be a much better place if people stopped projecting their own opinions onto others. 

Each of us speaks for one opinion and one opinion only: our own. 

SNLmpJv.gif

Meanwhile in the Marvel, DC, and Star Wars fandoms

THftlQ1.gif

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, NuTella Lover of Sky Beams said:

Fandom would be a much better place if people stopped projecting their own opinions onto others. 

Each of us speaks for one opinion and one opinion only: our own. 

:circles:

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

That's cool, maybe you should have stated that first.  We are well aware that you don't want the movies to be good because you aren't interested in them in the first place. The only thing you are interested in is stanning for Marvel.  I'm not interested in anything else you said. I brought up Civil War because Marvel fans (including you) said a bunch of BS about multipliers but dislike it when multipliers are used to judge a movie YOU like.

If you are not interested in anything else I said then don't respond and act like you know me (I never use just one thing to judge a movie that I do or don't like) when you're just talking out of your ass because you don't like what I have to say about DC. Would I have even gotten your attention if I wasn't calling harshly and persistently DCEU's current body of work shit? 

Edited by Haley Ross

• Community Manager
3 hours ago, Haley Ross said:

The difference between me and them Water Bottle is that I don't tell the critics to go to hell when they have a different point of view than mine. I don't get behind ridiculous conspiracy theories that critics from all over decided to collaborate together just to put down DC movies or even more ridiculous petitions to get Rotten Tomatoes. I don't take pride in or brag about how the only good thing a movie is doing is making money because like I said, that only reinforces that we're going to get more bad movies. When you can make stupid decisions and still make lots of money, you'll inevitably lose sight of what a good decision is or its importance. They're excited for future mediocrity and they'll get it. You'll forgive me if I don't join in eating a bowl of shit and calling it chili.

I think WB is working very hard to make good movies. It's not like they are trying to make mediocre movies or they'll suddenly stop trying to make good movies just because they are making money. Remember: the people who work at WB work there for a reason-they at one point fell in love with film/TV. As for "excited for future mediocrity" once again, if they think the current movies are good then they are excited to see future movies that are good.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
17 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

I'm not going to be kind or even tactful when there isn't any reason for it. 

You shouldn't need a reason to be kind or tactful. You should do it because you want to be a decent person. :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Water Bottle said:

I think WB is working very hard to make good movies. It's not like they are trying to make mediocre movies or they'll suddenly stop trying to make good movies just because they are making money. Remember: the people who work at WB work there for a reason-they at one point fell in love with film/TV. As for "excited for future mediocrity" once again, if they think the current movies are good then they are excited to see future movies that are good.

I know that's true.   But if the boss says he wants a giant spider, they still have to put a giant spider in the movie.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
34 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I know that's true.   But if the boss says he wants a giant spider, they still have to put a giant spider in the movie.

If the boss says he wants a giant spider in the movie, it's because the boss thinks a giant spider will improve the movie.

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

You shouldn't need a reason to be kind or tactful. You should do it because you want to be a decent person. :)

Regardless, it would be wasted on them and I don't care to waste my time being nice to people who haven't earned it. 

Edited by Haley Ross

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

This is the 3rd straight movie they have done that is mediocre. This isn't sudden. They haven't improved, they've only gotten worse with time. They're not trying hard enough or smart enough. And since I think they're enjoying mediocrity at its finest then they're excited for more mediocrity and blaming everyone else but the movie for its own flaws. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

This is the 3rd straight movie they have done that is mediocre. This isn't sudden. They haven't improved, they've only gotten worse with time. They're not trying hard enough or smart enough. And since I think they're enjoying mediocrity at its finest then they're excited for more mediocrity and blaming everyone else but the movie for its own flaws. 

This is a bad opinion.

35 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Regardless, it would be wasted on them. 

We are not worthy of your kindness , oh almighty one!Please forgive us for we have sinned! I watched BvS 8 times in the cinemas and SS 3 times , oh how the fires will feast on my flesh from the very pits of hell. 

Joking aside , barely 10% of those fans accuse the critics of being payed or made petitions or death threats , those exist in every fandom. The Avenger's first rotten review got death threats you know. I am a fan and I'm happy those movies succeeded financially because I want to see more. Can they be better ? Of course , WB KNOWS that we want better. It's not like the company isn't going all out hiring talents with academy awards recognition and spending a lot of money. They lack guidance and I think they will get there. WB WANTS to make good movies. Stumbling along the way is not going to stop them from trying to be better in the future even with the current financial success , and they earned my money fair and square because I totally enjoyed myself for the ride!

Edited by Emerald kikyou
  • Like 1

• Community Manager
14 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Making a movie is really hard. Making a good movie? Even more difficult. I think they are trying hard enough but they've just come up short twice. Hopefully they get it right with Wonder Woman for I would like a strong DC cinematic universe.

40 minutes ago, Haley Ross said:

Regardless, it would be wasted on them and I don't care to waste my time being nice to people who haven't earned it. 

No, not "regardless". You are either a nice and respectful person or you aren't.

• Like 5