Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

I wonder how well the Disney streaming service will against Netlix and Amazon.

Given that new Star Wars and Marvel movies will be available exclusively there along with a lot of classic Disney properties currently available on other platforms and Disney originals, I imagine it'll do really well.

40 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Given how much damn money Deadpool made, Disney will allow Ryan Reynolds to make his R rated deadpool 2 ,and release it under the Fox label to keep the "family friendly" labeling for Disney films.

The Mouse did release R rated films on a regular basis, though under different studio labels . I suspect they have been planning to move back in R rated territory, with how well some R rated movies have been performing. In the end it's all about the Benjys, and Disney will make and release R rated films if it's a lucrative things to do.

And I smell some Sour Grapes with you hatred of Disney..probsably because they own Marvel.

Right. I could see Ryan Reynolds walking away from the entire project if they forced a PG-13 rating on him. And that would be bad business and cause major backlash due to how popular that character is right now with the GA. He already took a budget paycut from FOX when they tried to force the same thing. He refused to do it unless it was R.

Disney isn't stupid.

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

sF9Q8wL.png

I don't know what that picture is supposed to mean but Amazon really is becoming a monster. 

https://qz.com/1140428/jeff-bezoss-business-genius-built-amazons-empire-and-could-be-its-downfall/

"Morgan Stanley believes Amazon has a path to be worth $1 trillion by late 2018, making it the clubhouse favorite to be the world’s first trillion-dollar company. The company’s market capitalization already doubles Walmart and exceeds the GDP of nations such as South Africa, Austria and Thailand. With $100B to this name, Jeff Bezos personally is worth more than 129 countries." 

They made a ton of money off Black Friday this year too. Their shares are down but he's still making an insane amount of money. He's worth $98 Billion and is the richest person in the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2017/11/29/as-amazon-shares-fall-jeff-bezos-is-no-longer-a-centi-billionaire/#c61623822791

I'm fine with their domination though, I love Amazon Prime and can understand why they are so far ahead.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Avatar sequels get released under the Disney brand. Other than that, not much will probably change outside of Marvel stuff

Well they already have Avatar at one of their parks

4 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Has anyone opened a IW OW > JL entire domestic run club yet?

1.) That ain’t happening 

2.) Marvel vs DC clubs aren’t allowed. You know they’ll be fights.

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

I don't know what that picture is supposed to mean but Amazon really is becoming a monster. 

https://qz.com/1140428/jeff-bezoss-business-genius-built-amazons-empire-and-could-be-its-downfall/

"Morgan Stanley believes Amazon has a path to be worth $1 trillion by late 2018, making it the clubhouse favorite to be the world’s first trillion-dollar company. The company’s market capitalization already doubles Walmart and exceeds the GDP of nations such as South Africa, Austria and Thailand. With $100B to this name, Jeff Bezos personally is worth more than 129 countries." 

They made a ton of money off Black Friday this year too. Their shares are down but he's still making an insane amount of money. He's worth $98 Billion and is the richest person in the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2017/11/29/as-amazon-shares-fall-jeff-bezos-is-no-longer-a-centi-billionaire/#c61623822791

I'm fine with their domination though, I love Amazon Prime and can understand why they are so far ahead.

It was a joke. From Jurassic Park. Woman shall inherit the earth. Playing on the long string of "this own that. Blah blah. I don't really give two shits about Amazon. 

2 hours ago, DARth DAR said:

Don't forget Disney used to have Touchstone films that was created with the purpose of producing R rated films.

Not quite accurate, Touchsotne was created in the mid 80's when Disney decided to make PG rated movies that were not aimed specifically at a family audience. Up until then it had only done G rated films. Even then, Touchstone's films were generally a soft PG. Disney later created Hollywood films to handle the hard PG and R rated movies.

Circa 2000Disney decided that times had changed, that a PG rating was not a barrier to a film doing big family business any longer, so pretty much killed off Touchstone as being redundent, and Disney Releasing would handle all PG films. with Miramax handling the R rated films.I suspect that Disney will use the Fox brand for R rated material.

Edited by dudalb

5 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Marvel is likely to move on She-Hulk, Spider-woman, maybe even Black Widow finally and let's not rule out Jane Foster Thor. Hell if Lang dies there could just be a Wasp solo film.

That's not gonna happen. 17 movies in and they have 0 female lead superhero movie, MCU's female characters has less screen time in phase 2 and phase 3, they force romance on them with barely any build up and not necessary at all. Generally speaking, MCU treat their female characters like shit.

I don't see why they will suddenly go 180 on themselves.

DC is not much better in this aspect yet, not until they make another female lead movie, since WW is a must for a DC shared universe. But at least Harley is the co-lead of SS, and that's more than any MCU female character has ever have in a movie already.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, jf8350143 said:

That's not gonna happen. 17 movies in and they have 0 female lead superhero movie, MCU's female characters has less screen time in phase 2 and phase 3, they force romance on them with barely any build up and not necessary at all. Generally speaking, MCU treat their female characters like shit.

I don't see why they will suddenly go 180 on themselves.

DC is not much better in this aspect yet, not until they make another female lead movie, since WW is a must for a DC shared universe. But at least Harley is the co-lead of SS, and that's more than any MCU female character has ever have in a movie already.

Took two seconds in google to disprove this. Black widow had more screen time in avengers and winter soldier than Harley did in that scuicide squad music video/hot topics commercial

screentime for Scarlett increased in phase 2. Phase 3 isn’t over yet. 

Edited by Ghostbusters!
  • Like 4

Marvel unfortunately doesn't have DC's amazing female superhero roster (or they're owned by Fox currently). I think ideally they would've done Ant-man and the Wasp from the get-go and included Wasp in the Avengers. 

Captain Marvel is probably going to be super random for most audience members. like who tf is this lol

Edited by Rebeccas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

Marvel unfortunately doesn't have DC's amazing female superhero roster (or they're owned by Fox currently). I think ideally they would've done Ant-man and the Wasp from the get-go and included Wasp in the Avengers. 

Captain Marvel is probably going to be super random for most audience members. like who tf is this lol

Marvel would have already done some female centric movies if they had X-men.   Storm, Rogue, Jean, and Kitty have been in the spotlight most of the time in the comics over the years.   Fox turned it into Wolverine and Friends and wasted all those great female characters.

Not to mention that FF has a strong female lead character.   Pretty safe bet Marvel would have done that one better  (who wouldn't?).

• Like 3