Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Marvel unfortunately doesn't have DC's amazing female superhero roster (or they're owned by Fox currently). I think ideally they would've done Ant-man and the Wasp from the get-go and included Wasp in the Avengers. 

Captain Marvel is probably going to be super random for most audience members. like who tf is this lol

Majority of the heroes they have on the big screen right now was "who tf is lol" at one point

5 hours ago, AndyK said:

Can't decide who has the stupidest looking foot soldiers Thanos or Steppenwolf ?

tumblr_p06mtrRvEA1qf5hjqo2_540.gif&key=7

giphy.gif

They both look like the scary monsters they're supposed to be for me. I know if I ever saw either of those in front of me for real I'd crap myself.

While we know how Steppenwolf gets his goons we still don't know how Thanos gets his, or do we? I'm curious to find out where they're from and why they fight for him.

Edited by Arlborn

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

They book look like the scary monsters they're supposed to be for me. I know if I ever saw either of those in front of me for real I'd crap myself.

While we know how Steppenwolf gets his goons we still don't know how Thanos gets his, or do we? I'm curious to find out where they're from and why they fight for him.

I think I'd be too busy laughing to put up a fight.

Fourarmed is fourwarned !

Edited by AndyK
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

They book look like the scary monsters they're supposed to be for me. I know if I ever saw either of those in front of me for real I'd crap myself.

Apparently they’re outriders. Though I wonder why they’re specifically in Wakanda and not NYC. 

Thanos used Outriders to find new planets inhabited by weak species he would raze. Upon finding a new world, an Outrider would report to Corvus Glaive, who would arrive to that planet along Thanos' Black Order and demand a tribute for Thanos, if the inhabitants refused, that world would be annihilated.

avengers-infinity-war-outrider-1010168.j

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Outriders_(Race)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

like i said the plot for IW is exactly the same as the plot for JL.

Heroes get together to defend earth against Stepenwolf and preventing him to get all mother boxes = JL

Heroes get together to defend earth against Thanos and preventing him to get all Infinity Stones = IW

:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

I'm done with DC threads. These are the most insecure, the most whiny, the most overly sensitive threads on here.

I could crap on IW's trailer endlessly because somehow that's not trolling but I can't say in the Aquaman thread that WW's run didn't help JL at all (which is just stating a mere fact) without that post being scrubbed?

:apocalypse:

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, mredman said:

Heroes get together to defend earth against Stepenwolf and preventing him to get all mother boxes = JL

Heroes get together to defend earth against Thanos and preventing him to get all Infinity Stones = IW

True, but the only difference is:

1. We know about the infinity gems since 2011, No one knows about the mother-boxes till now.

2. Marvel has all its heroes well established and DC have ''My man, I will take it from here Alfred Heroes''

3. Marvel make good entertaining, well edited and plotted movies. DC: lets give it to the fans ''They will eat it up'' movies

4. Marvel is master when it comes to CGI, DC: ''Steppenwolf, Aris, Sup-Mustache and.....''

And finally my turn :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mredman said:

And like the BvS/CW scenario, one film will do a lot better with critics and make more money despite being the 2nd movie!

I think the line DC films are more serious and better pretty much ended with the Batman Vs Superman and Civil War comparison.

Marvel made a serious film but with an actual storyline.

Now only if someone died in Civil War... 

47 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

I'm done with DC threads. These are the most insecure, the most whiny, the most overly sensitive threads on here.

I could crap on IW's trailer endlessly because somehow that's not trolling but I can't say in the Aquaman thread that WW's run didn't help JL at all (which is just stating a mere fact) without that post being scrubbed?

:apocalypse:

I guess you haven't been reading the IW thread lately. Same whiny defensiveness, passive agressive comments, sarcastic remarks in there.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 4
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I guess you haven't been reading the IW thread lately. Same whiney defensiveness, passive agressive comments, sarcastic remarks in there.

Agreed. Fanboys all around are just terrible. Neither side can take criticism.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

"In 24 hours ... we have this ...

What I think is this? A job well done .. well structured .. People who always believed in the potential of the characters and the universe they had in hand. Marvel Studios had the B-list characters in their hand .. those A-lists were either on Fox or Sony .. yet the guys believed the characters and mythology they had .. planned, built, structured .. result. Today, in less than 24 hours the first trailer for Avengers - Infinity War has more likes and views than the first Justice League from one year ago. I will not even mention the C-list characters they've ever presented, all successfully, in cinemas, and today are also known by the general public..

In 2008, when the MCU began, Warner had the three biggest pop culture superheroes .. and they thought they had only Batman, Superman and the other characters in this universe .. Steel, Catwoman, Supergirl ..

Then when Marvel Studios begins and starts to make a success, Warner makes the beautiful speech "this shared universe business does not work for us .. Batman could not exist in a world where Superman exists" .. well, in comics and in animations that happens and it always worked .. but yeah.. because of 'The Dark Knight' they wanted something "adult and realistic" .. there Marvel makes Avengers and the success of the movie makes the guys need to change their minds .. Warner does not do this because they believe it ... they have not changed their minds because they believe in this vision, because they were forced to move ...

Warner didn't do that ... who did it was Marvel Studios that every movie listened to .. "it will not work" .. "Iron Man? It will not work!" "Thor, it's not going to work!" "Captain America, it will not work!" - "Avengers ???? It will never work!" ... and slowly things have changed to "this is going to be the first flop of Marvel" ... that has not yet come ... and then changed to "no one can stop Marvel Studios! ".. 

This is ONE of the big differences between the two studios.

Warner simply didn't believe and then tried to run after the injury ... They did everything without structure and so ... maybe the Justice League movie will not make 700 million box office .. may be able to do something around 650 millions ... from what I've been reading about these predictions ... I do not believe that much ... I think that the movie still reaches 800 million ... in any case, 650 million is less than the previous film of Dr Stranger ... Dr. Strange will make more money than a movie with Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman and Cyborg ... the four characters are already well known by the public ... they had animations, series of TV, etc. Dr. Strange, an obscure TV movie in the 1970s, and has appeared on occasional animations of Spider-Man and Avengers ... what is it? a good brand construction ..

One of the mistakes for me and tried to create a tone that was different from Marvel movies .. now .. why bother about the tone of Marvel movies? You are DC ... Justice League! Just make the tone that the characters ask for ... Just make the tone that the characters are! You don't have to think about the competition. It's not the way you want it to be. Do the work. Look at the character, read, talk ... "look, Superman is here, Batman is that way, Flash is that ... .. everything is there ... in the comics .. in the series, in the animations .. for example as Marvel does with their characters .. takes it easy, structure ... works on the material ... think .. Guardians of the Galaxy have nothing to do with comic books .. but it works. What is the difference? in my opinion ... structure in the concept, structure in the tone, structure in the construction of the universe and the characters .. the thing makes sense and it works.

And what happened? What is the end of it? With the League movie they managed - at the very least - to create a strong impression that they are just imitating a notorious "Marvel formula" ... hated by more hardcore fans of Warner / DC .. which now they liked it, as magic, In the league movie ... using even the "terrible" post-credits ... which are never "owned" or "created" by Marvel Studios, to begin with.

Now you're going to have to make arrangements ... and you're not being in charge, you do not have to arrange ... right?

I've worked with the DC characters for at least 15 years .. I love these characters .. I'm a nerd / fan who fulfilled the dream of working with the characters I love .. now .. it does not work, huh .. its too bad that is, they had a form, the characters, the talents and the money ... there is no excuse.

Planning, construction and consistency ... planning, construction and consistency. Topics that are so hard to do, are not welcome. Superman, no.. they did not change because they believed it .. they reacted .. this is a reaction ... just as creating the DCU was a reaction to the success of Marvel Studios and the mutant line on Fox ... it's not because they believe in the characters and the universe .. as Marvel Studios believed and Fox believed in the X-Men .. that my problem with Warner ... really serious What's Warner thinks these characters deserve?"

Marc Campos, Comic Book Artist (translated from Portuguese)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Goffe said:

I guess you haven't been reading the IW thread lately. Same whiny defensiveness, passive agressive comments, sarcastic remarks in there.

What part of "scrubbing" the comments did you not get?

You can shit on MCU and whine all right back and forth if you want in the IW thread but post the slightest perceived negative criticism in any DCEU thread, you get censored and put in the fanboy garbage bin. Last time I check all the comments ripping into IW trailer are still there for you to read including yours. Nobody erased your negative comments because a few Marvel fanboys were butthurt.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2