JJ-8

Fantasy Box Office - 2016 Discussion Thread | FBO 2016 Geekfreek Awards .... Winner is announced - see the thread.... Congratulations to all on a game well played!

1 hour ago, CJohn said:

The Nut Job 2 is not gonna come out. 

yeah i'm having suspicions on that one also.... 

I'm also wondering if "Families" which is still it's current working title will be ready in time also... 

4 minutes ago, Jajang said:

yeah i'm having suspicions on that one also.... 

I'm also wondering if "Families" which is still it's current working title will be ready in time also... 

There are no trailers for each either. They won't do an 1 month campaign, IMO. 

• Like 2

FYI - Game is run on GMT - 5 hours NOT just GMT (which is American Eastern Standard Time with no Daylight savings)

i've accepted everyone who was early this time because of the miscommunication... but next time :ph34r:

(This post is being posted @ 5.18am on the 8th December (Game Time = GMT - 5 hours)

• Like 1

Quick question for everyone.....

I've been thinking about when movies actually are released now.  essentially we are seeing sneaks as early as 7pm the day before which means someone could choose to invest in a film as late as midnight which while i doubt we woudl have numbers, might justify a small change....

To be inline with the above, i'm proposing the following change:

Films will be become available @ 7pm the day before, 1 month in advance of the release date. (still basing my Game Time on Eastern Stand Time ~ GMT-5hrs)

eg. Norm of the North is to be released on 15th January 2016.  Under this new rule the film would be available from 7pm 14th December 2016 (ie. 5 hours earlier). 

of course you could therefore only invest up until 14th January 2016 7pm EST.  Would this be too confusing or is this going to work better for the game going forward ?

(I am looking to include this change from this week if possible!)

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jajang said:

I've been thinking about when movies actually are released now.  essentially we are seeing sneaks as early as 7pm the day before which means someone could choose to invest in a film as late as midnight which while i doubt we woudl have numbers, might justify a small change....

Films will be become available @ 7pm the day before, 1 month in advance of the release date. (still basing my Game Time on Eastern Stand Time ~ GMT-5hrs)

eg. Norm of the North is to be released on 15th January 2016.  Under this new rule the film would be available from 7pm 14th December 2016 (ie. 5 hours earlier). 

of course you could therefore only invest up until 14th January 2016 7pm EST.  Would this be too confusing or is this going to work better for the game going forward ?

I just need to know at what time I can start investing. 7 PM EST seems to be midnight where I am. That is ok to me. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jajang said:

I approve of this change.:D

• Like 2

Ok to be clear, i am moving the release times forward by 5 hours from midnight to 7pm the day before release - this accounts for current pattern of sneaks at 7pm for many films these days rather midnights.

Therefore the films due for release on 15th January 2016 (next group of films) will be available from:

• 7pm 14th December 2015 Eastern Standard Time (US/Canada)

To be clear about EST, i am posting the time this is posted at so you can be  alligned with the game clock!

This post was posted at 7.36am, 10th December 2015 Eastern Standard Time (US/Canada).