grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

http://deadline.com/2016/08/oceans-eight-rihanna-anne-hathaway-sandra-bullock-cate-blanchett-awkwafina-helena-bonham-carter-mindy-kaling-1201801342/

Warner Bros has firmed an October start date in New York forOcean’s Eight, the female-driven caper spinoff directed by Gary Ross, and the studio is closing with its principal cast. Aside from the previously identified Sandra Bullockand Cate Blanchett, deals are close with Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling and Awkwafina. The latter is the hip hop moniker of Asian American rapper and actress Nora Lum, who most recently had a role in Neighbors 2.

The film will be produced by Ocean’s Eleven director Steven Soderbergh, and Ross wrote the script with Olivia Milch. Ross and Soderbergh are longtime informal collaborators, serving as second unit director on each others films, and as sounding board on scripts and projects.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Better keep the budget low because this is not doing as well as the 2001 version which had megastars like Clooney, Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts and Matt Damon 

I doubt it'll be much more than $100m. It has a big cast for sure, but it's far from a big CGI extravaganza.

• Like 1

Hmm...I am very curious as to how the people who hated the concept of a female-led Ghostbusters sight unseen will react to this.

Also, they need a 'name' for the guy who will be the token dude, a la Julia Roberts in O11.

Tom Hardy? Idris Elba? Édgar Ramírez? Chris Pine?

1 minute ago, Cochofles said:

Hmm...I am very curious as to how the people who hated the concept of a female-led Ghostbusters sight unseen will react to this.

Also, they need a 'name' for the guy who will be the token dude, a la Julia Roberts in O11.

I don't think there will be any backlash to this.  This is an extension of the universe and will be written than way and the script will acknowledge the events of the originals.  Plus Bullock is supposed to be Clooney's sister, I think. So I doubt there will be any, maybe a bit but just from some knuckleheads who are troglodytes still having sex with their pet hamsters.

Ghostbusters ignored the originals, big mistake imo.  This one extends the universe...big UPS, imo.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Scott Eastwood just because Hollywood wants to make him happen for whatever reason.

• Like 1