grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

1 minute ago, Baumer loves Dory said:

All of that is irrelevant to what the salaries will be for this film.

This isn't an indie or passion project Sandra's going to do for a cut rate.  If they couldn't afford her they wouldn't have her.  If her salary is less than that it'd be because she's negotiated for money (not pretend points on non existent net) on the back end.

26 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

This isn't an indie or passion project Sandra's going to do for a cut rate.  If they couldn't afford her they wouldn't have her.  If her salary is less than that it'd be because she's negotiated for money (not pretend points on non existent net) on the back end.

I have no doubt her salary is tied into back ended profit points, I just don't think she's going to get a huge 20M paycheck for a supposedly modest budgeted film with an ensemble cast.

I don't know what people are arguing about. If the budget is $70M and Sandra is already signed on theres no way her budget is going to be $20M. Thats almost 1/3rd of the budget right there. She probably got like $10-12M and a back end deal. 

This is absolutely nothing like the Ghostbusters reboot. First of all the Ghostbusters reboot didn't even acknowledge the Ghostbusters Universe. It's just created a brand new world. This one not only is related to the oceans you love and you reverse it has Sandra Bullock as George Clooney's sister. And it's also being produced by George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh. So that automatically makes me excited for it.

• Like 5

Ocean's is my favorite trilogy of all time(Ocean's 12 was great and I'll defend it to my grave), so if this is anything like the other three I'm gonna be happy. Also Anne Hathaway is perfect and I'll watch anything she does.

• Like 2

Ocean's 12 annoys me because at least 50% of the movie is utterly pointless and exists purely as an elaborate long con by Clooney and Pitt's characters just so Pitt can get his dick wet with an ex-girlfriend.

And something something long-lost parent but that's an even more tacked on twist than the one that nullifies half the movie.

• Like 5

I just enjoyed how over the top and self indulgent Ocean's 12 was. It was like they dialed it up to 11 (haha). I definitely understand why people don't like it but I enjoyed it mainly because I loved the cast and to me it preserved the feel of the prior film. The Julia Roberts bit made me laugh at the absurdity, but I can see the issue people have with it, and I loved Vincent Cassel's role. I'm excited to see how this new movie works out.

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AABATTERY said:

Ocean's is my favorite trilogy of all time(Ocean's 12 was great and I'll defend it to my grave), so if this is anything like the other three I'm gonna be happy. Also Anne Hathaway is perfect and I'll watch anything she does.

:wub:

Also, eh, your other point is valid too, I guess? Not my favorite trilogy of all time(LOTR come on), but yeah, I like them and I'll probably like this one too. It's Cate and Anne together, I mean, yeah? I'll like it.

• Like 2

http://deadline.com/2016/08/sarah-paulson-oceans-eight-movie-casting-1201808984/

EXCLUSIVE: Sarah Paulson, who is up for an Emmy for her turn as Marcia Clark in The People Vs OJ Simpson, is in early talks to join the killer cast of Ocean’s EightWarner Bros’ female-driven caper spinoff directed by Gary Ross. If the deal makes she will join Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Anne Hathaway, Rihanna, Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling and Awkwafina.