grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

Ghostbusters did pretty good in the US, all things considered. 128M  is not that bad considering The Mummy flopped with 80M.

So all the keyboard warriors who were against it didn't quite succeed in burying  it in the us. i think ocean's 8 can do even better.

Edited by Alli
  • Like 1

At least this one has a talented director attached to the project. Otherwise I would have no interest in this whatsoever.

And since we are on this trend of making female led remakes, when are we gonna get one for Brokeback Mountain? :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, grey ghost said:

I didn't say everyone who disliked the trailer was some kind of small minded misogynist.

but 32% is insane.

Most trailers get 5 to 10 percent dislikes.

The least popular trailers like Star Trek Beyond and Amazing Spider-man get 26% at the very worst.

To be fair though the trailer for Ghostbusters made it look horrendous. The film ended up being better than the trailers made out

On 21/12/2017 at 2:11 PM, grey ghost said:

So the Ocean's 8 trailer has a huge percentage of dislikes and there's literally nothing wrong with the quality of the trailer.

These insecure man boys who bash anything where women "invade their territory" need some serious therapy.

Really makes you wonder what decade we are living in when so many people still display sexist tendencies.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, grey ghost said:

So the Ocean's 8 trailer has a huge percentage of dislikes and there's literally nothing wrong with the quality of the trailer.

These insecure man boys who bash anything where women "invade their territory" need some serious therapy.

I’m not surprised.

I am surprised it took them so many days to decide they were targeting it. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

At least this one has a talented director attached to the project. Otherwise I would have no interest in this whatsoever.

And since we are on this trend of making female led remakes, when are we gonna get one for Brokeback Mountain? :ph34r:

Two films is a trend? 

And this isn’t a remake. 

• Like 1

I will admit to the Ghostbuster trailers looking kind of shitty (even though I enjoyed the film), but yeah there is literally nothing whatsoever wrong with this trailer. This is definitely flat out sexism from a very devolved faction of the internet. 

Edited by MovieMan89

5 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, it seems there's a petition to remove someone from this movie.

I said someone because I don't know if it's a spoiler. I didn't know that actor was in this movie.

No it is not a secret that Matt Damon is appearing in the film

• Like 1

Ocean's 13 adjusted (152m) would be a fantastic result for this movie. Whether it can make it I'm not so sure. Brand Recognition will help a little but I don't think it will be enough to carry it to 100m if the movie isn't well received. The brand of the Ocean franchise was built on "come see all those big stars together" and outside of Bullock no one qualifies as a big star on the new movie.

On 12/19/2017 at 6:25 PM, Jay Hollywood said:

I love the idea, like the cast, the plot is fine, but Gary Ross is no Soderbergh. 

This looks like a high budget studio comedy. Oceans 11 was a actual film with directorial style/vision and voice. Should be a hit though. 

I think that pretty much sums up my own thoughts about this trailer as well. I'll probably catch it at the movies though if the word of mouth is fine cause that cast is great.

Also her brother isn't dead, we all know that, right? George Clooney will eventually appear in a sequel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arlborn said:

I think that pretty much sums up my own thoughts about this trailer as well. I'll probably catch it at the movies though if the word of mouth is fine cause that cast is great.

Also her brother isn't dead, we all know that, right? George Clooney will eventually appear in a sequel.

He will appear in the final scene of this movie. It’s kind of obvious 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Joel M said:

Ocean's 13 adjusted (152m) would be a fantastic result for this movie. Whether it can make it I'm not so sure. Brand Recognition will help a little but I don't think it will be enough to carry it to 100m if the movie isn't well received. The brand of the Ocean franchise was built on "come see all those big stars together" and outside of Bullock no one qualifies as a big star on the new movie.

I think Cate and Anne are defintiely big stars. 

They’re also oscar winners (for actually acting). 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 5

It’s called Ocean’s eight, but there are only seven girls thieves. I bet the eight one is inside the MET ball and its gonna be a surprise twist. My money is on katie holmes. She was in logan lucky...so theres that Soderberg connection. 

Just now, Alli said:

It’s called Ocean’s eight, but there are only seven girls thieves. I bet the eight one is inside the MET ball and its gonna be a surprise twist. My money is on katie holmes. She was in logan lucky...so theres that Soderberg connection. 

Good point.  Or... Angelina Jolie FTW.  :D