grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

7 hours ago, dudalb said:

Embargo has not lifted yet,Sherlock....

Do you think he suggested that the review embargo was lifted but that the interest for the movie was so low that no films critics bothered to write a review ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barnack said:

Do you think he suggested that the review embargo was lifted but that the interest for movie was so low that no films critics bothered to write a review ?

dudalb is always so aggressive :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I'm gonna assume midnight eastern ie right after the premiere. Similar to Deadpool 2. 

I wouldnt worry about the reviews to be honest since the social media embargo was already lifted. It's also like DP2 where they're waiting till after the premiere to drop the review embargo but allowed a social media embargo to be up. 

I imagine they don't want the reviews to be lost against Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom hence the drop not being until midnight. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine they don't want the reviews to be lost against Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom hence the drop not being until midnight. 

I dont think that has anything to do with it. The reviews dropping right now or at midnight wouldn't make a difference when it comes to that (Solo had a full day to escape Deadpool 2's reviews for example and it didn't help) Also considering the fact that there are only like 19 reviews for Jurassic World i.e. not really a full out embargo lift. 

It just makes more sense to have the embargo lift after the premiere 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hathawayfan said:

Sandra is great at comedy, but based on early reactions her performance is the least talked about.

Having seen this tonight, I just want to say a few words about Sandra Bullock.  Wow.  She reminds us once again how great she is, and because of her willingness not to overwork her career, every time she shows up in a movie, it's almost like it feels like she's been away too long, and you feel grateful for seeing her -- that's a true testament to her. Here, she delivers something really subtle, but powerful -- strong, beautiful, and yes, wonderfully sexy (to me, at least).  Even in a relatively light movie like this, she shows yet again why she continues to be one of America's best actresses, as far as I'm concerned.  If you pay attention here, her performance does reveal its emotional motivations in a subtle, but devastating way.  Yet by turning away from typically-shown breakdowns and hysterics, it shows the strength of women.  It's subtle, but she delivers yet again.  But I'm not surprised people aren't noticing it.  The whole movie is perhaps a bit too low-key and subtle for the GA.  Will be interesting to see how they respond.  Audience had numerous laughs, but overall low-key response.

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Having seen this tonight, I just want to say a few words about Sandra Bullock.  Wow.  She reminds us once again how great she is, and because of her willingness not to overwork her career, every time she shows up in a movie, it's almost like it feels like she's been away too long, and you feel grateful for seeing her -- that's a true testament to her. Here, she delivers something really subtle, but powerful -- strong, beautiful, and yes, wonderfully sexy (to me, at least).  Even in a relatively light movie like this, she shows yet again why she continues to be one of America's best actresses, as far as I'm concerned.  If you pay attention here, her performance does reveal its emotional motivations in a subtle, but devastating way.  Yet by turning away from typically-shown breakdowns and hysterics, it shows the strength of women.  It's subtle, but she delivers yet again.  But I'm not surprised people aren't noticing it.  The whole movie is perhaps a bit too low-key and subtle for the GA.  Will be interesting to see how they respond.  Audience had numerous laughs, but overall low-key response.

Thank you for this. I will let my Sandra stans that follow me on Twitter know! 

Edited by captainwondyful
Adding as they pop up
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sam said:

Damn! Dem shades at Solo.

Some of these reviewers are so savage lol.

I was trying to figure out if that was a dig at Solo or Ocean’s Eight. Either way, I lol’d

• Like 1

Starts with a 60 on MC based on 9 reviews. 

Based on reviews I've read so far seems like the cast elevates the material....which I mean no offense isn't that why folks are showing up for this (and according to my fiancé "The Met Gala!! Fashions biggest night you dummy!") 

• Like 1