grim22

Ocean's Eight | June 8, 2018 | WB | Gary Ross directing, Bullock, Blanchett, Hathaway, Rihanna, Bonham Carter, Kaling, Paulson and Awkwafina. Social Media Embargo up

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/exclusive-all-female-oceans-eleven-in-the-works-starring-sandra-bullock-with-gary-ross-directing-20151029

The burgeoning creative partnership between George Clooney and Sandra Bullock that yielded this weekend's "Our Brand Is Crisis" (in which Bullock stars, Clooney produces, and David Gordon Green directs), is set to kick up a notch in the near future. A new "Ocean's Eleven" film is in the works, only this time, in line with the recent Hollywood gender-swapping trend, it's due to feature an all female line-up, with Bullock in the lead, andGary Ross ("The Hunger Games," "Seabiscuit," "Pleasantville") directing.

The project was initiated last year by the power trio of late producer Jerry Weintraub, ‘Ocean’s’ trilogy director Steven Soderbergh, and the franchise's main star, Clooney. Olivia Milch (“Queen & Country,” “Little Women”), who has become a go-to screenwriter for female-centric projects, has been working on the screenplay for months.

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Don't forget that endearing South Pacific beauty Emma Stone. 

I feel really bad for Emma Stone. I hate that she's now a punching bag for something like that. This makes me very sad.

That being said, I'm sure you all can guess who I want in this. ;)

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 2

My pre-casting-announcement Feig Ghostbusters suggestions of Emma Stone and Zoe Saldana would work here too. Also, for some reason I envision Lucy Liu, and/or Michelle Rodriguez.

And I bet a ton of people are going to automatically suggest Emily Blunt and/or Rebecca Ferguson, calling it now...

Edited by TServo2049
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jay Beezy said:

I feel really bad for Emma Stone. I hate that she's now a punching bag for something like that. This makes me very sad.

That being said, I'm sure you all can guess who I want in this. ;)

Hey, I still love her and would want her in this too. But I don't feel bad for her in the least.

• Like 1

George Clooney - Sandra Bullock
Matt Damon - Shailene Woodley
Brad Pitt - Anne Hathaway
Don Cheadle - Naomie Harris
Bernie Mac - Viola Davis
Scott Caan - Melonie Diaz
Casey Affleck - Greta Gerwig (they don't need to be brothers)
Carl Reiner - Jane Fonda
Elliot Gould - Sally Field
Eddie Jemison - Michelle Rodriguez
Shaobo Qin - Arden Cho

Julia Roberts - Christian Bale
Andy Garcia - Amy Adams

• Like 1

Part of me is incredibly stoked for this, but another part of me wishes that Hollywood would simply create a great, sophisticated, thrilling original movie vehicle that would make good use of actresses like Viola Davis, Angela Bassett, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Lopez, Sandra Bullock, Eva Mendes, Lupita Ny'ongo, etc. As we all saw with the all-female Ghostbusters, these "female appropriations" of film classics create too much ill will from too many people who will never admit to the fact that they just don't like women doing "what men do." 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

Hey, I still love her and would want her in this too. But I don't feel bad for her in the least.

I love her too. I don't thing her "castability" has been negatively impacted in the least by the whole racist-or-not-racist? narrative that has been created around  the film. The film flopping is what may certainly affect her clout, seeing how Hollywood is more forgiving of men than of women for their flops...

Edited by Cochofles

On October 31, 2015 at 10:24:04 AM, Cochofles said:

Part of me is incredibly stoked for this, but another part of me wishes that Hollywood would simply create a great, sophisticated, thrilling original movie vehicle that would make good use of actresses like Viola Davis, Angela Bassett, Charlize Theron, Jennifer Lopez, Sandra Bullock, Eva Mendes, Lupita Ny'ongo, etc. As we all saw with the all-female Ghostbusters, these "female appropriations" of film classics create too much ill will from too many people who will never admit to the fact that they just don't like women doing "what men do." 

Jennifer Lopez? How about someone with relevance?

It's an uninspired, 'jump on a bandwagon' idea. Actresses taking the lead in films is a hot topic so Hollywood responds by remaking movies with males leads and just casting women. I feel the same way with demands on forums for a black Bond. Uninspired, patronising charity that benefits the lucky token few.

Giving Sandra Bullock a big movie isn't going to change much. It's just cosmetic posturing.

Get female writers in to create new, interesting, enduring female characters. Get female directors, producers to make films. Invest money in helping female newcomers into the business, nurture talent. Yes, it takes longer to do all that but only hard work creates a solid foundation.

In Britain there was a TV drama written by a woman called about a group of women who took over the heist their husbands couldn't complete. It was original, groundbreaking and viewers loved it. From it came Helen Mirren's fantastic Prime Suspect series and a whole host of female led, gritty dramas, every bit as compelling as anything written and produced by and about men.

That's real dynamism.

Edited by All about Eve
  • Like 4

On 31/10/2015, 19:57:41, Cochofles said:

The film flopping is what may certainly affect her clout, seeing how Hollywood is more forgiving of men than of women for their flops...

That's actually a valid concern. I just checked her IMDb page to see what's going on with her project wise, but other than Croods 2 and a couple of smaller budgeted films, there is nothing yet. I am pretty surprised. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

That's actually a valid concern. I just checked her IMDb page to see what's going on with her project wise, but other than Croods 2 and a couple of smaller budgeted films, there is nothing yet. I am pretty surprised. 

Emma's star/clout shone brightly for like five minutes, and then Jennifer Lawrence happened, and it was as if nobody else existed in that age range!

George Clooney - Sandra Bullock

Brad Pitt - Angelina Jolie

Matt Damon - Jessica Chastain

Casey Affleck - Kate Mara

Scott Caan - Nina Dobrev

Don Cheadle - Naomie Harris

Bernie Mac - Taraji P. Henson

Julia Roberts - Matthew McConaughey 

Andy Garcia - Salma Hayek

Carl Reiner - Mary Tyler Moore

Elliot Gould - Glenn Close

Shaobo Qi - Fan Bing Bing