WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg14): Martian 11.4 | Goosebumps 10.21 | Spies 8.06 | Burnt 5.04 | Crisis 3.43 | Scouts 1.77

21 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Does this thread have to be about box office? Cause then it would be an extremely boring thread :(

Tonight was freaking fun! We had a bunch of people this year, some cars pulling up near our driveway so parents could take their kids. We try to not scare any little kids but there was this little boy dressed as Thor who started crying so I literally had to chase him down the road with handfuls of candy. Then there's those "cool" eleven year olds who you scare the crap out of, then try to act all cool for their friends by threatening you. 

Ohmygod but there was this one time tonight that was awful. For a portion of the night I was down at the bottom of our driveway in a bush dressed in this camouflage hunting suit (that we bought specifically for Halloween). You literally couldn't see me even if it were light outside. So this one family came by and the dad accidentally let go of his dog's leash (big German Sheppard type dog) and it stared roaming around the bush I was hiding, and didn't see me. Then it smelled me I guess and freaked out.

Long story short I got attacked by a giant dog tonight :P

Congrats on a fun Halloween! But dude, be careful of roaming in the bushes in a camouflage suit. That has shooting accident written all over it. Your post does bring back fond memories of roadside pranks I pulled with friends in high school.

• Like 2

Nolan did an inspired job on Joker and Bane but outside of that his Batman trilogy isn't that impressive.

Anyway, Nolan did his Bond movie with Inception.

Honestly, they should let Alfonso Cauron do acid then do a Roger Moore style Bond series. There isn't much else you can do at this point.

Go nuts, the kids are ready.

Well it looks like October went down the shitter. There has been 10 flops in this month alone. Let's hope Spectre and Peanuts and of course Katniss are what audiences have been waiting for as well as some potential breakouts like The 33, The Night Before, or even Creed. Because there is a need for that because really the big surpises(in a good way) in the fall were The Visit/The Perfect Guy, Sicario, and HT2 everything else did on-par with expectations or lower than expectations. 

45 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I'm so happy October is over.

I like Halloween but as a box office nerd, fuck October.

The next two months will be fun, though. Back to 200 page weekend threads and trolling opposing fanboys.

Hopefully next year has a good tentpole.

17 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Buzz right now has a giant black hole called Star Wars. It's muted for everything.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You're legit telling me you think Star Wars will affect SPECTRE and Mockingjay?

Cause that's pretty ridiculous

10 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Nolan did an inspired job on Joker and Bane but outside of that his Batman trilogy isn't that impressive.

Anyway, Nolan did his Bond movie with Inception.

Honestly, they should let Alfonso Cauron do acid then do a Roger Moore style Bond series. There isn't much else you can do at this point.

Go nuts, the kids are ready.

People may say Nolan isn't a good choice for bond probably because they want to be all hipster but Nolan directing a bond film would be fucking brilliant. Skyfall had Nolans style stamp all over it and it was loved. Basically Nolan is too good for bond and that's why it would never happen 

Early morning updates from the Exhibitor Relations Twitter:

JEM AND THE HOLOGRAMS fell off the stage during their 2nd performance, dropping -79% w/ $290k, $1.9M total.

STEVE JOBS is about as popular as the Apple Watch, as it tumbled -64% w/ $2.5M, $14M total.

Sony Classics' TRUTH expanded into 1,120 theaters and found just $900k ($804 per)--that's the truth, and it ain't good.

8 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Hopefully next year has a good tentpole.

:/ 

I don't know. I can't say there is anything currently on the schedule I see doing Gravity/Gone Girl/The Martian numbers

Even if there was, clearly that's not enough for a good month