CJohn

Creed 2 | Nov 21 2018 | Steven Caple to direct. Production begins March

5 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I don’t wanna think the possibility that it could suck. I have a slight feeling that’s the case, hence the lack of marketing and late embargo (unless Warner Bros. used that money for Fantastic Beasts).

WB isn't actually distributing this one (MGM is).

10 minutes ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I don’t wanna think the possibility that it could suck. I have a slight feeling that’s the case, hence the lack of marketing and late embargo (unless Warner Bros. used that money for Fantastic Beasts).

lack of marketing?. The tracking for this movie has been moving up every week. Its now at 55 million five day and the embargo is not late. The world premiere just happend past night.

I saw the track list. A little disappointed Tessa Thompson only has one song this time. I was hoping they'd use more of her impressive vocal talents this time out. It was integral to the original film. Otherwise, the OST is loaded with top selling artists, so it should do better than the original in terms of sales.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1

For the fifth time in the Rocky/Creed series, a sequel will play the mid-November/Thanksgiving side of the calendar following the original 1976 Rocky, 1985’s Rocky IV, 1990’s Rocky V and 2015’s Creed. Previews starts tonight at 7PM and the pic is poised to make $55M at 3,350 theaters over the next five-days. Apollo Creed’s son Adonis (Michael B. Jordan) faces off with the son of Rocky Balboa’s former part 4 Russian foe Ivan Drago, Viktor Drago.

That'd be great if that were to happen. Creed had a 5 day of $42 million.