CJohn

Creed 2 | Nov 21 2018 | Steven Caple to direct. Production begins March

MGM/New Line’s Creed II is looking at $5.5M-$6M fourth weekend which will put it at $102.1M, 16% ahead of Creed at the same point in time back in 2015. The sequel will soon surpass its previous chapter’s $109.7M stateside haul.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-mortal-engines-clint-eastwood-the-mule-weekend-box-office-1202520137/

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

MGM/New Line’s Creed II is looking at $5.5M-$6M fourth weekend which will put it at $102.1M, 16% ahead of Creed at the same point in time back in 2015. The sequel will soon surpass its previous chapter’s $109.7M stateside haul.

https://deadline.com/2018/12/spider-man-into-the-spider-verse-mortal-engines-clint-eastwood-the-mule-weekend-box-office-1202520137/

Huh? But if it's at $99.5 million now then it'd be at $105-106 million by Sunday. So that's 20% ahead.

On 12/14/2018 at 4:22 PM, Valonqar said:

where can they go with this in future installments now that the main event (Creed Jr vs Drago Jr) has happened? 

Idk but I hope they bring back the Dragos in some way. I’m not sure how, but I hope they do. 

On 1/5/2019 at 6:12 AM, Ryan Reynolds said:

not doing exceptional overseas, MBJ needs tips from the Rock, Smith and Cruise how to build a fanbase internationally

It's done better than the last movie in every single market so far.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

is this the slowest rollout ever, total still lagging behind Creed

It's very strong in France, biggest overseas market for Stallone and Rocky. It's 30% ahead of Creed 1 after 1 week. It could even stay number 1 in its second week because Glass is underperforming. But I agree : It could do better. But the 80's are over and the soundtrack is not as good as the Rocky soundracks (far far from That). That doesn't help as It helped the Rocky movies in the 80's. It opens now in Italy and Germany. We will see...