CJohn

Creed 2 | Nov 21 2018 | Steven Caple to direct. Production begins March

6 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I assume this is not the sort of film that needs a long post production period because that's quite tight shooting wise. 

The first Creed started shooting late January then extended until March...this

does seem a bit odd.

They sure cast a terrific looking guy to play Drago's son.  He's 6'4 and one gigantic motherucker (Commando quote there).

b3d3ac0b373ddaf016663b7e821f3563.jpg  MV5BOWJlMzliY2MtMWQ5Zi00NDg3LThkZTUtYjQ0  creed-florian-munteanu-workouts-main-cov

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Marston said:

Keep forgetting Creed made it 100m. Still with not Ryan Coogker this looks like it will be a big step down in every  way 

You can't know that yet.  

3 hours ago, JGAR4LIFE said:

I think this has a horrible release date, only 5 days after Fantastic Beasts (another big WB movie), should get pushed back.

Don't you think it's a different crowd they are going for?  It's also Thanksgiving in the US, which has been a good release date for a lot of movies in the past.  Also, Rocky had one of it's most important scenes take place on Thanksgiving.  So there's a bit of a connection here.  

• Like 2

This is MGM's only chance to make a definite dent this year among the other distributors. If they push this back, their first year reattemtping wide distribution might be viewed as a failure, which would be awful in my opinion. But on the other hand, this film might definitely need more time. I'm interested in seeing what MGM decides to do with this.

• Like 1

April shoot starts and Nov end release which gives them 7 months time :thinking:. Wonder if its sufficient for them to shoot this one?

Creed started shooting around Jan 2015 and by November 2015 they were in comfortable position with 10 months time for filming/PP. 

1 hour ago, John Rambo said:

April shoot starts and Nov end release which gives them 7 months time :thinking:. Wonder if its sufficient for them to shoot this one?

Creed started shooting around Jan 2015 and by November 2015 they were in comfortable position with 10 months time for filming/PP. 

It’s not a movie that requires extensive post production work. They’re filming eveything in one location and I doubt cgi is being used. They’ll be fine with this filming schedule. 

• Like 3