grim22

God's Not Dead 2 | April 1 2016 | Melissa Joan Hart, Jesse Metcalfe

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I find that kind of description very lacking in imagination on the part of the fans, Lin directed it, it must be like F&F. It's like when Alan Taylor directed The Dark World and every single article went "This will be like Game of Thrones". 

Lol, well fans will find the dumbest things to complain about honestly. Surprised they didn't try and claim it was similar to True Detective season 2, considering Lin directed two episodes of that season.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

I don't understand the hate for movies like this, or for christians itself. I'm very skeptical about God, I find it hard to believe in all of it but I miss the time when I did, I think it was good to me and I think it is good for people to believe in God. I didn't see the first movie, but I watched a christian movie last August called "Do You Believe?" and while it was poorly executed I like its ideas. It basically wasn't trying to convince anyone that God is real, it was a movie about how the total faith in God influenced the lives of the characters, independent of He's real or not. And yeah, I know there are issues between christians and gay rights and things like that, and I stand for the gay rights in this, but I just don't agree with christians being labeled as villains or stupid people either.

That being said, I've heard good things about the first God's Not Dead (not from movie fans, though) and I think I'll try to watch it on Netflix before the new movie opens, I liked the trailer.

1 hour ago, langer said:

Fools have 53 days per year dedicated to them. April 1st and every Sunday. 

Muslims get Fridays, Jews Saturdays, other religions get their days, plus religious observances and Holidays.

Catholics get everyday. Your math is off a bit. Or you are  trolling with bad jokes. 

• Like 1

I don't understand the hate for movies like this, or for christians itself. I'm very skeptical about God, I find it hard to believe in all of it but I miss the time when I did, I think it was good to me and I think it is good for people to believe in God. I didn't see the first movie, but I watched a christian movie last August called "Do You Believe?" and while it was poorly executed I like its ideas. It basically wasn't trying to convince anyone that God is real, it was a movie about how the total faith in God influenced the lives of the characters, independent of He's real or not. And yeah, I know there are issues between christians and gay rights and things like that, and I stand for the gay rights in this, but I just don't agree with christians being labeled as villains or stupid people either.

That being said, I've heard good things about the first God's Not Dead (not from movie fans, though) and I think I'll try to watch it on Netflix before the new movie opens, I liked the trailer.

Whatever good intentions these movies may have, their utterly moronic, alienating premise will ensure no one outside their audience considers taking them seriously

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

The problem is that a lot (but not all) of these movies portray all non Christians as the villains. They also give out horrible advice. One movie has a woman being abused by her husband, the movie has her lock herself in her closet and pray until the problem goes away. Some of them present Christians as heroes for forcing their will onto others. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Some of them present Christians as heroes for forcing their will onto others. 

Precisely this. Nutcases like Kirk Cameron certainly have only helped reinforce such nasty stereotypes (and are a huge reason why the religion is always being subjected to mockery ala Easy A).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boxofficerules said:

The problem is that a lot (but not all) of these movies portray all non Christians as the villains. They also give out horrible advice. One movie has a woman being abused by her husband, the movie has her lock herself in her closet and pray until the problem goes away. Some of them present Christians as heroes for forcing their will onto others. 

War Room? Don't forget the best part, where the husband is tempted by other women,

Spoiler

the wife goes to the prayer closet and just when he's about to cheat, he throws up, the mood is killed, marriage saved.

In the Golden Era of Hollywood, religious moves were some of the biggest hits of the year, but they were big budget epics and movies first, that happened to have Biblical elements. This latest wave of Christian movies are just low budget screeds preaching to the choir, feature length Sunday School skits or tracts. I saw Jen Garner promoting Miracles from Heaven and she said it's about a family whose faith is a huge part of their lives, but the story's not about telling anyone else how to live. Maybe that's why its RT score, while not fresh, is better than most of the recent efforts from the genre.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

Precisely this. Nutcases like Kirk Cameron certainly have only helped reinforce such nasty stereotypes (and are a huge reason why the religion is always being subjected to mockery ala Easy A).

FTLFTKNWTD.

24 minutes ago, Dragon said:

damn should have been a lifetime or direct dvd movie.  Nothing wrong with those but theater release what where they thinking

the $60m gross of the first one ;)

I show these films at church because thats where I feel they belong, but if I have to sit through this one... *sigh* and I don't mind them - as a Minister I see a place for them, but I tend to want the art value in film not just my "faith" (or their version of it) being affirmed without thought. Besides, I know from experience that religious folk are some of the nastiest souls on the planet..... :( which is sad cause it shouldn't be that way.

13 minutes ago, narniadis said:

the $60m gross of the first one ;)

I show these films at church because thats where I feel they belong, but if I have to sit through this one... *sigh* and I don't mind them - as a Minister I see a place for them, but I tend to want the art value in film not just my "faith" (or their version of it) being affirmed without thought. Besides, I know from experience that religious folk are some of the nastiest souls on the planet..... :( which is sad cause it shouldn't be that way.

i didnt know it was sequel lol