WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Incredible. 

That guy should've been made the head of the studio.

One of Fight Club's producers, Art Linson, recalled the first screening of the film for Fox's executives; they were, he said, “flopping around like acid-crazed carp wondering how such a thing could even have happened.”

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

:lol: 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love FOTR. But about half an hour of it is pretty lousy. 

Oh, Tele, Tele, Tele. Adding Tom Bombadil would NOT be a good thing. That half an hour is so much the better for the lack of him.

23 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

One of Fight Club's producers, Art Linson, recalled the first screening of the film for Fox's executives; they were, he said, “flopping around like acid-crazed carp wondering how such a thing could even have happened.”

Pretty cool that Art Linson started off producing classic 80's teen films like Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Wild Life and then went on to do Casualties of War, Fright Club, Heat and Into the Wild.  You can see he kept a strong relationship with Penn after FTARH as he produced two more of his films.  I love little pieces of trivia like this.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

This new forum format had a learning curve but it's growing on me lately. :ph34r:

I'm really starting to like this new site, but for some reason the mobile version keeps dying on me whenever I try and post. Anyone else have this problem?

17 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I'm really starting to like this new site, but for some reason the mobile version keeps dying on me whenever I try and post. Anyone else have this problem?

The mobile version is sluggish right now and we're not sure why, at this point. You can access the forums with the app Tapatalk, which is much quicker. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

**possible spoiler ahead for the one person on here who hasn't see CR**

Sure, but has any Rom-Com ended with the girl dying then the boy calling her a "bitch"? ;)

Something by Lars Von Trier?

2 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Titanic got more backlash than all of those movies combined and it's a better movie than them too. 

2001: ASO was mixed reviews when first came out. Lot of critics and fans did not get the movie only thought of it as a visual effects piece. 

• Like 2