WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

1 hour ago, MovieMan89 said:

I mean, it could indicate another shutdown coming...

I would literally lose my shit if BOM finally goes kaput now that SW is about to hit. 

Ah I see. Or maybe the servers can't handle the amount of pics anymore?

Okay so final DAJK's theatre results. Sicario opened to the equivalent of $9.8M and Bridge of Spies had a second weekend of "$13.1M". Peanuts opened to "$44.1M" and Spectre opened to "$90.3M" (biggest opening of the year that wasn't called Avengers, Jurassic World, or Minions) Furious 7 and Inside Out both did $85M and $56M respectively.

But animated movies have fantastic legs at our theatre (most movies do in general, 5x multipliers are common). Inside Out had nearly an 8x multiplier for example. So I expect Peanuts to finish with "$250-$300M" here.

(sigh) This is a very boring letdown of an OW for a film like this.

First Hobbit: BOTFA, last year.....now this? This?.....Man....people are kinda not wanting to see Bond-films on mass....again. :( And that's pretty sad.

But then again...even QoS dropped with actuals, 7 years ago.  http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=studioest&yr=2008&wknd=46&p=.htm

That film was at $70M OW but dropped down to $67M OW.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

It's amazing how what used to be considered great openings are now so.... boring. 

Also, numbers Bond fans would consider "good" for Skyfall are now "disappointing" 3 years later.  The price paid for higher expectations.

3 minutes ago, Tubes said:

Also, numbers Bond fans would consider "good" for Skyfall are now "disappointing" 3 years later.  The price paid for higher expectations.

There is no way it's not a disappointment. I don't care if most Bond movies aren't Skyfall, it was coming off a massive success that was supposedly loved by the GA. Franchise rules tell us it should be an OW equal to or greater than SF. Even MI5's "disappointing" OW was decently bigger than MI4's would've been with a traditional release. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tubes said:

They would have been mildly disappointed 3 years ago if Skyfall, with all that promotion, Bond had only done $2.7m better than QOS four years earlier. 

So with more PLF screens, about 500 more theaters and 7 years later it's more than mildly disappointing it's only $2.7m ahead of QOS

Edited by TalismanRing

Just now, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

I thought this holiday season from November & December was supposed to be an exciting season, Box-office wise.

Now?......i dunno what to say....I'm not sure if it's gonna be exciting now? What's next? MJ2 not doing well, too?

Dull November. 

TGD is shaping up to be anything but dull. Jury is still out on MJ2, but maybe it will be another repeat of 2013 and a THG movie and animated movie will both do killer business together. 

• Like 2