WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

6 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Spectre and Quantum are as blah as each other but one is 50 minutes shorter so better by default.

In fact the opera scene in QoS is as good (better?) than anything in Spectre.

I actually liked the QoS opera scene over the Rogue Nation opera scene. The ending of that scene is brilliant.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jack Nevada said:

I don't even remember an opera sequence in QoS but no way it's better than the RN one. That was straight-up masterful. 

it wasn't. he punches some people. runs around. it's intercut with opera (not especially well) so people think it's some classy well-done shit. nowhere near the kind of built and intricacy of the mission impossible scene.

• Like 6

Didn't think there was anything wrong with any of the acts in Spectre. The movie functions just fine. It's not great, but it's absolutely fine for what it is. Gets the job done like so many bonds before it, embracing all the old 007 conventions. 

I can understand that this may have disappointed some, but for me it worked well enough. 

I'm not for a second suggesting the film is in Rogue Nation's league. It isn't. Any of it. Yet it's an enjoyable James Bond yarn. 

Can... y'all take the discussion about the movie to the Spectre thread? Even if you're vague, some of us would like to go in cold when we get a chance to see it, and it's easier to do that if we only have one thread to avoid.

• Like 3

As I always do post watching the movies, I decided to read the RT reviews. The first 5 reviews I opened were all rated fresh with 2/5 and 2.5/5 scores. Now a 3/5 being either rotten or fresh is possible, but a 2/5 and 2.5/5 being fresh makes no sense. I wonder if it is the critic's decision or RT's decision in the end.