WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

4 minutes ago, damienroc said:

But... that's exactly what he's doing? Regardless of critical or commercial success, you can't say that what he's done in the past two years is in any way mainstream.

It's like the narrative of what he was doing circa 2009-2012 is still there, even though as an actor he's apparently moved on.

I mean, his career's been pretty consistent. Blockbuster every two or three years with a few smaller comedies and drama between. RIPD was just 2 years ago.

Three years from now will we have this conversation about the Kitsch/Courtney duo.  Though I will fully admit because of Friday Night Lights, Kitsch and anyone from that show gets a pass from me.

Farrell gives one of the strangest performances I've ever seen in that movie. I can't even really think of a proper way to describe it. I guess maybe he was playing the character like he was on shrooms the whole time

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Amazing how horrifically crap a movie can be based on a literary masterpiece.   It's almost down there with Demi Moore's The Scarlet Letter.

i mean if there HAD to be a film the best version wouldn't be up to snuff on the book so I'm pretty glad we got what we got. I can't say I had a bad time. it gave me a headache everytime I tried to think about what was happening sure, but fun was had.

you know every one of these fucking flops had that one thing that made people go "this isn't a piece of shit and he's good looking let's throw him in everything" but what was jai courtney's thing? where did this asshole come from?

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

you know every one of these fucking flops had that one thing that made people go "this isn't a piece of shit and he's good looking let's throw him in everything" but what was jai courtney's thing? where did this asshole come from?

A combination of his dad's penis and his mom's vagina?

I'm actually starting to see the hilarity in these terrible James Franco literary adaptations, like you know some sadsack auteur has been preparing his version of The Sound and The Fury since 1975 and then Franco comes in like "yoink" with that Funny or Die looking shit he filmed over a weekend while high. 

Edited by Jack Nevada

I dunno. I guess I'm just confused by the mindset that if there's some sort of high profile stumble for an actor (which may not even be that much of a stumble on their part), they need to go and pay their dues. Then when they DO pay those dues, people still think it isn't enough.

It's not even a like or dislike thing. It's just that that's their job and they're going to do it when and how they can.

• Like 2