WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

10 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The song might be the one place where SPECTRE has the leg up on Skyfall.

Writing on the Wall is so much fucking better than Skyfall (then again I'm anti-Adele)

Lol:lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

Very few movies don't make 200M after grossing 75M OW.

So Spectre does have a shot even if falling right below 75M.

True. There has only been some movies that have opened at $72M or higher and didn't get $200M DOM.

The Simpsons Movie, Fifty Shades of Grey & X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That's those 3 films.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kayumanggi said:

Both are good imo. Adele was just so huge in 2012.

Well, Sam Smith is one of the most successful singers in the past year, but yeah, he's still nowhere near Adele's popularity in 2012. In fact, Adele is still huge in 2015. Just look at the number of downloads for her new song in its first week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, catlover said:

Well, Sam Smith is one of the most successful singers in the past year, but yeah, he's still nowhere near Adele's popularity in 2012. In fact, Adele is still huge in 2015. Just look at the number of downloads for her new song in its first week.

Commercially, Adele is on a different plane than any other pop artist right now.  Even T Swift.  1.11 million digital downloads of 'Hello' first week SHATTERING the record from 2009 of 636k.  It's already moved over 200,000 records in PRESALES and most forecasters are putting 25's first week sales somewhere between 1.3 and 1.8 million breaking the record for highest first week sales from a female (breaking Britney Spears Oops I Did It Again record).  Sam had a great year but Adele is truly in a league of her own.  

The fact that 21 went DIAMOND in the climate the music industry is in still shocks the hell out of me.

I'm a huge fan of both Smith and Adele but I think Writings on the Wall's chorus is SO weak.  Adele nailed Skyfall though.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Commercially, Adele is on a different plane than any other pop artist right now.  Even T Swift.  1.11 million digital downloads of 'Hello' first week SHATTERING the record from 2009 of 636k.  It's already moved over 200,000 records in PRESALES and most forecasters are putting 25's first week sales somewhere between 1.3 and 1.8 million breaking the record for highest first week sales from a female (breaking Britney Spears Oops I Did It Again record).  Sam had a great year but Adele is truly in a league of her own.  

The fact that 21 went DIAMOND in the climate the music industry is in still shocks the hell out of me.

I'm a huge fan of both Smith and Adele but I think Writings on the Wall's chorus is SO weak.  Adele nailed Skyfall though.

Adele is not that successful in Asia tho. Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are still bigger than her.

2 minutes ago, bladels said:

Adele is not that successful in Asia tho. Lady Gaga and Katy Perry are still bigger than her.

I was talking domestic.  Her only rival here is Swift.  Katy Perry is a singles artist in the U.S., she can't move records.  And Gaga is not what she used to be when it comes to sales either, though she was never that huge.

Edited by RyneOh1040