Taylor

Sherlock Gnomes | March 23 2018 | Gnomeo and Juliet sequel. Johnny Depp will voice lead character. McAvoy and Blunt will return.

On 2015-11-06 23:18:59, grim22 said:

http://www.thewrap.com/johnny-depp-to-voice-lead-in-sherlock-gnomes-sequel-to-gnomeo-and-juliet/

It's time for some unfinished business.

Gnomeo and Juliet

Domestic Total Gross: $99,967,670

That is still one of the silliest totals I've ever seen. You really couldn't find an extra $35k in your massive warchest to fudge it over with, Disney?

Edited by cookie

1 hour ago, Mojoguy said:

Disney didn't make the first Gnomeo, so they didn't give a shit and didn't bother to push it to 100m.

One of only 2 movies in the history of Hollywood to end its domestic run between 99 and 100M compared to 23 movies which ended their runs between 100-101M

628 Gnomeo and Juliet BV $99,967,670 2011
629 Hercules BV $99,112,101 1997

If a movie gets past 99M by itself, the studio will push it the remaining 1M of the way normally, and this one ended 32,330$ away which is basically a dollar theater expansion. Kind of weird that its domestic run ended so close to the 100M mark.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Trailer has landed and it looks awful.

That is genuinely worst than I imagined it could be. Also Johnny Depp’s money situation might be worse than we think.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 3

Why is Chiwetel in this crap? He’s too good for this.

Anyway. I thought only Sony produced shitty trailers for their animated movies, this is almost a whole other level.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 1

The first one played ad nauseam at my job in 2013 until they switched them out for Pixar flicks, so I remember more than I care to about this movie. I kind of admire the fact that it doesn't look all that different seven years later. 

Is that another cover of I'm Still Standing?

"From the director of Kung Fu Panda" What the fuck

• Like 1