Neo

Snowpiercer | Now in Theaters and VOD

This will come close to making its money back in South Korea alone, becoming an international hit will just be a very nice bonus.But with the best actor in Korea, 2nd best director co-writing with the best director, and a pretty impressive foreign cast, this could be a big year for Korean-American Cinema.

• Like 1

I saw three of director Bong’s movies and I said, “I want to do this.  I don’t care what he’s asking me to do because he’s a really great filmmaker.”  His friend and fellow filmmaker is director Park, who did Stoker.  I met director Park when I was in Prague.  He came by the set and actually produced director Bong’s film.  He seemed like a really interesting guy, and Oldboy just blew me away.

I play a guy who owns and runs a train.  You don’t see me until the end.  There’s a revolution going on with all the poor people that starts in the back of the train and moves its way forward.  They finally get up to the front where I’m at.  It was trippy.  The sets were unbelievable.  They had these big train cars that they build on a soundstage, and the whole thing was on this gimble deal.  I hope the film works.  I can’t see that it won’t, but it was amazing.  That was really a trip, working on that.  His whole way of working is so different.  He’ll just shoot bits of a scene at a time.  Normally, you’ll shoot a master and shoot the whole scene on one person and then shoot the whole scene on another, but he’ll shoot a little bit one way, and then shoot a couple lines another way.  He just constantly gets the pieces that he knows he wants.  And he had the editing thing down below the stage where the trains were, and the editor was cutting while he was shooting.  It was out there.

http://collider.com/ed-harris-phantom-snowpiercer-interview/