WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Pixar and the Rocky franchise each have a movie next week. The potential for meltdowns is big if one of the disappoints (unlikely at this point). 

So Baumer gloats as a Pixar film crashes and burns but breaks down crying as he realizes that Creed is bombing :P

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

So Baumer gloats as a Pixar film crashes and burns but breaks down crying as he realizes that Creed is bombing :P

The potential is unlimited if both fail. 

25 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I totally agree.  I tried talking to family about it yesterday and they were like 'cool' haha.  But it's just so, so insane.  Yeah, 19 and 21 are back in the top 10 at iTunes again, I think 21 is somewhere around 11.5 million US which again is just RIDICULOUS to have an album go diamond in this climate.  Until 25 only one other album when platinum this ENTIRE year, which was Drake's new record.  So in an industry where literally ONE artists, of all the new releases in a year (thousands upon thousands) sales 1,000,000 copies in a year, Adele sales 3 times that in a week.  I'm sure you saw but she pulled 900,000 from JUST iTunes in the first day of release.  What the actual FUCK!?  

With the holidays, black friday, and people getting gift cards, etc, 5 million by the end of the year is a done deal.  As for longevity (in terms of 21), I think the singles are there.  Send My Love To Your New Lover, Remedy, When We Were Young could all be huge at radio.  I would love to see her go diamond again.

25 is shaping up to be her Avatar, but, IDK, with an Avengers opening weekend? Except better!

I don't think it's a huge stretch to say JLaw has been Oscar worthy in the Hunger Games movies, would I have put her in Best Actress for every HG movie, no, but she certainly gets a lot more material with the Katniss role compared to what Harry Potter or Bella Swan got to do in their franchise movies. YA movies are pretty much at the bottom of the heap for Oscar consideration but the franchise movies can play it awfully safe, that hurts them in getting awards as much as the genre.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The force is calling to you...... Just let it in.....

People need to accept something bigger than life is coming and it can't be stopped (well, it can... but I would rather not think about that possibility). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

People need to accept something bigger than life is coming and it can't be stopped (well, it can... but I would rather not think about that possibility). 

Even if a snowstorm happens the record is going down.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The force is calling to you...... Just let it in.....

Katniss>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>……>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>…>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yoda>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jar Jar>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everyone else in the SW franchise

38 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

She should fucking get a fucking Oscar for Fucking Mockigjay 2! But the committee is bunch of pretentious douchebags who sit around with their fucking thumbs up their ass and ignore what is obviously good

Except the more I think about Mockingjay Part 2, the more I realize that it's not a good movie.

I think I'm going to lower my grade to a D+.  It spoils faster than Milk.

• Like 5

When you guys all show up to see Star Wars and it ends up.sucking you guys well realize your money would've been much better spent seeing MJ2 again/for the first time

I am gonna see Star Wars at least 2 times even if it sucks so that movie already won. Same with everyone else in this forum. 

• Like 4

If you include this year (for Joy), JLaw will have been Oscar nominated in 3/4 years in which Hunger Games films came out, she just gets nominated for other films that are taken seriously by the Academy. I mean really if Catching Fire couldn't even nab a costume or original song nomination, there's literally no chance of this series ever breaking in. 

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

When you guys all show up to see Star Wars and it ends up.sucking you guys well realize your money would've been much better spent seeing MJ2 again/for the first time

Ethan, it's fine to be disappointed about your franchise disappointing.

But it's pretty immature to lash out at others just to try and hide the hurt. Take your lumps and move on. Otherwise you'll end up like these guys:

TD-Vaughn-apoplectic.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_nsuiinP2cx1qz72sno1_500.gif

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Star Wars would have to be an F level movie then.  Because anything at a D and Id still watch it over MJ2.  It's why that even though I hate Phantom Menace, I still watch it when doing a SW marathon.

I'll go see Star Wars just so I can talk about it on here, but I'm fucking paying for Mockingjay

It is ok Ethan. MJ2 won't even by in theaters by then. Shhhhhh. Just relax. 

• Like 9