WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

81%. It is certified fresh.

family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family

Get it guys?  Family.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

I think taking out the games took away a lot of the novelty thinking about it.  A downbeat film about war propaganda just isn't as appealing.

Plus the marketing campaign for both parts was weak compared to CF.

The marketing for this film was practically non-existent. I only remember seeing one tv spot for this new one all month. The ads should've been everywhere. Its like they're not even trying. 

Just now, eddyxx said:

The marketing for this film was practically non-existent. I only remember seeing one tv spot for this new one all month. The ads should've been everywhere. Its like they're not even trying. 

Exactly, if I didn't follow films closely, I doubt I would have even known that it was coming out this week.

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family family

Get it guys?  Family.

have a corona

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Get it guys?  Family.

Fast 7 opening day was the biggest ever at my local theater..

Local demographic breakdown....

75% brown people.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

I seen more ads for Victor Frankenstein and The 33 and when I did see a commercial it was the car one. 

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

Fast 7 opening day was the biggest ever at my local theater..

Local demographic breakdown....

75% brown people.

Considering my area just opened a new theater and Furious 7 came out opening day everyone went to it.

• Like 1

Its rather crazy how the FF series has grown it's brand so much since it's theme went to about family.

It was a perfect storm.

Local audience was prime target for FF films...Good Friday holiday.

Every show from 11 am to 11 pm was 90% to sold out.

Edited by Lordmandeep

1 minute ago, angeldelmito said:

No. That's impossible. $350m is the floor.

How would 350M be the floor if it opens around or under MJ1? Serious question.

Edited by treeroy
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Seriously, the marketing was that subdued in America ?

Pfff ...

Lionsgate didn't even tried it seems ...

According to ispot Lionsgate had spent a whopping $10.6m for TV ads in the US as of last Sunday.  That's about 1/4th of what what WB spent on Mad Max and Entourage and a third of what Universal and Disney spent on JW and AOU.  If ad spending picked up this week it might now be around $15m by the end of this w/e(around WB's The 33)

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/in-the-heart-of-the-sea-sails-to-the-top-with-no-1-tv-ad-spend-1201642936/

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

The next one will be about one last ride and family, breaking records.

Thing is the audiences don't take the films seriously but love them any.

The family theme and 'One Last Ride' and over the top action scene and Vin Diesel acting abilities just add up to a hot mess of fun. 

Not sure about you guys but to me and many of my friends Fast 7 was the most enjoyable uber blockbuster of the year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

According to ispot Lionsgate had spent a whopping $10.6m for TV ads in the US as of last Sunday.  That's about 1/4th of what what WB spent on Mad Max and Entourage and a third of what Universal and Disney spent on JW and AOU.  If ad spending picked up this week it might now be around $15m.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/in-the-heart-of-the-sea-sails-to-the-top-with-no-1-tv-ad-spend-1201642936/

Although that sounds like it's not much, consider that Lionsgate may feel they have reached all their audiences already. If they think everyone who might buy a ticket is already a fan, and the series does not appeal to a wider audience than its fanbase, then there's little point in wasting millions of dollars on advertising that will have no effect. So if the demographics are: 1) People who are already planning to watch it opening weekend; and 2) People who are not interested in it, then it's arguably a waste of money to spend more on marketing.

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Thing is the audiences don't take the films seriously but love them any.

The family theme and 'One Last Ride' and over the top action scene and Vin Diesel acting abilities just add up to a hot mess of fun. 

Not sure about you guys but to me and many of my friends Fast 7 was the most enjoyable uber blockbuster of the year. 

I think the film's are a damn good time. I don't think I've ever met anyone who takes them seriously.

• Like 1