WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Well since this is such a downer of a weekend and we're kinda on the subject of songs, Adele is projected to sell as much as 3 million copies of her album domestically this week. For those who don't follow the industry, that obliterates the opening sales week to dust and is essentially equivalent to a movie having a $300m OW. 

Eon is probably wishing they brought Adele back for Spectre

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Eon is probably wishing they brought Adele back for Spectre

I am guessing she was indeed their top choice, but she was too busy working on the album and said no. Won;t be at all surprised if they get her back for the next one. Kinda have a Shirley Bassey thing going on where she comes back once and awhile for a Bond song. 

Edited by MovieMan89

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

For Christmas I'm asking for people to donate money to MJ2's box office instead of presents

Just tell them to give the money to me.  I'll be sure the money goes towards many tickets... :ph34r:

Spoiler

Star Wars tickets...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

For Christmas I'm asking for people to donate money to MJ2's box office instead of presents

Bwahahahahah this is too good to be true. The meltdown is real with this one. 

• Like 6

Just got back from MJ.  I knew the split would hurt the quality of Part 1 but it was very unfortunate to see just how bad it affected both films.  The first hour of the film is a literal rehash of part 1 (which was already stalling in its own right) and it's such a bummer to see what has been a fantastic franchise go out on its weakest chapter.  The pacing was very, very strange for the film and it felt like it was ending at three separate times.  Of course Lawrence was great, and I actually really appreciated the grimness of the film but the action seemed non-existent and I really think they could have ramped it up and made it more of a must see event.  There were a few really well done scenes, particularly when they start to go underground, but I can certainly see why this is getting a colder reception (which of course has a lot to do with Part 1).  

6/10.  I didn't hate it by any means but the definition of a 'meh' film in what has been an anything but franchise.  I also think this is going to fall well short of 300.  Probably closer to 270.

Edited by RyneOh1040

1 minute ago, The Panda said:

Just tell them to give the money to me.  I'll be sure the money goes towards many tickets... :ph34r:

Reveal hidden contents

You belong in hell

I'll spare you though because of your support for Finding Nemo

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

You know that MJ2 OW is depressing when it makes over 100m OW and even BOM's weekend report reads like a WWW thread for it. 

Deadline's report headline is 

Was It Wise To Divide Up ‘Mockingjay’? Finale’s $102.4M Debut Is 5th Highest Of 2015, But Lowest In Series

17 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well since this is such a downer of a weekend and we're kinda on the subject of songs, Adele is projected to sell as much as 3 million copies of her album domestically this week. For those who don't follow the industry, that obliterates the opening sales week to dust and is essentially equivalent to a movie having a $300m OW. 

Yeah I went to school for and worked in the music industry until this year and me and my friends are all losing our shit over the numbers.  Not only do I love Adele, but this is a record that should have never been broken.  It should have been impossible (the market is 30% smaller than when 21 came out, so IMAGINE the comparison to 2000 when the NSYNC album came out).  She really is the exception to every rule in the industry and its been incredible to watch.  It probably won't happen again in our lifetime.

And honestly, i feel like the better comparisons would be more like a film opening in the 350-400 range.  That's how unreachable that record was thought to be by 99% of people who work in the music industry.

Edited by RyneOh1040
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Deadline's report headline is 

Was It Wise To Divide Up ‘Mockingjay’? Finale’s $102.4M Debut Is 5th Highest Of 2015, But Lowest In Series

They are still gonna make more money from the two movies than they would with just one. 

19 minutes ago, Noctis said:

I still think it's a shame there was not a song for DH2. I could easily imagine a hauntingly beautiful song being played as Harry walked towards to what he thought was his death.