75Live

Darn, you crazy Star Wars fanboys ruined it for the rest of us :-p

• Founder / Operator

Even if I disagree with some of his creative decisions (mainly in the prequels), he's absolutely right. He's the creator, and he has every right to change things as he wants.That being said, he should have just stopped reading the Internet. The voice of the dissenters is always the loudest. The silent majority typically goes unheard, as was shown by the fact that -- despite four consecutive disappointing films among fan boys (five if you count Jedi) -- they were all still some of the most successful of the decade.Curious to see what he does with these smaller films.

Even if I disagree with some of his creative decisions (mainly in the prequels), he's absolutely right. He's the creator, and he has every right to change things as he wants.That being said, he should have just stopped reading the Internet. The voice of the dissenters is always the loudest. The silent majority typically goes unheard, as was shown by the fact that -- despite four consecutive disappointing films among fan boys (five if you count Jedi) -- they were all still some of the most successful of the decade.Curious to see what he does with these smaller films.

DAR likes this

The New York Times article was pretty interesting. I always thought George was the type that would be completely oblivious to the fanboys' outrage over the past 15+ years, but I guess not. I feel for him, even if I think a couple of the additions he's made recently to the SW movies are a little silly. Not really shocked that he won't be making any more SW movies, but I hope he's still planning on making the live-action TV show at some point. I'll be interested if he follows through on his plan to start directing some smaller movies. People tend to forget that he was actually a fairly promising director a long, long time ago.

+1000Marek

Completely agree with you Shawn

• Community Manager

Even if I disagree with some of his creative decisions (mainly in the prequels), he's absolutely right. He's the creator, and he has every right to change things as he wants.

I disagree. Once you release a movie to the public, then it stops being the creator's sole property but also the property of the public. There's a reason why Spielburg will never edit one of his films again. Once he's done with them, he knows that the movie is for everyone else to enjoy.While I would be fine if George Lucas simply re-edited the films but sold the original copies, the fact that he refuses to release the copy that people fell in love with is what bothers everyone. He has every right to have different cuts, there I can agree. But he should have no right no to dictate what version beyond the original one on which fans should be able to see.

I agree with you Water Bottle, and I also agree with Shawn. Mr. Lucas should have stopped reading the Internet. He claims that he felt like these fan scripts and whatnot was like having Hollywood trying to tell you what to do, but he could have avoided looking at the scripts. Although, he is a pretty crappy writer. He has good ideas, but there are certain things he can't execute well. Anyway, I don't feel sorry for Lucas. He is a billionaire, and he did get to make the movies he wanted to make. Especially, the prequels. He funded them, wrote them, directed them, and was involved every step of the way.

I disagree. Once you release a movie to the public, then it stops being the creator's sole property but also the property of the public. There's a reason why Spielburg will never edit one of his films again. Once he's done with them, he knows that the movie is for everyone else to enjoy.

There is a small difference between Spielberg and Lucas: Lucas actually owns his movies. He financed everything after ANH himself and even gained control over ANH when he made TPM. Spielberg doesn't own a single one of his movies. He never financed anything himself. Lucas is free to do anything he wants to do with SW because it's his property. Even if Spielberg wanted do edit all his movies he could not do it without permission. Big difference.And let's be honest: The original versions of the OT would never be shown again on TV today. The SFX is just to out-dated.