kayumanggi

FIRST MAN | 10.12.18 | Universal | Damien Chazelle | Ryan Gosling | Neil Armstrong biopic

The only issue I have with a Venice world premiere is the de-emphasis of the whole IMAX aspect. Unless Universal do some press screenings in IMAX like they did with Everest, no reviewers at the fest will see it in the format.... TIFF would have been the perfect launchpad (hehe) for this, and they're probably still gonna have the North American premiere there in all its 70mm IMAX glory like Dunkirk's special screening last year.

Oh, and new trailer very very close.

3 hours ago, antovolk said:

The only issue I have with a Venice world premiere is the de-emphasis of the whole IMAX aspect. Unless Universal do some press screenings in IMAX like they did with Everest, no reviewers at the fest will see it in the format.... TIFF would have been the perfect launchpad (hehe) for this, and they're probably still gonna have the North American premiere there in all its 70mm IMAX glory like Dunkirk's special screening last year.

Oh, and new trailer very very close.

I think Gravity wasn't seen in IMAX when it opened the festival five years ago as well and that didn't stop it from receiving total raves. If the movie is of quality, the formatting won't matter.

9 hours ago, filmlover said:

I think Gravity wasn't seen in IMAX when it opened the festival five years ago as well and that didn't stop it from receiving total raves. If the movie is of quality, the formatting won't matter.

Gravity wasn't filmed in IMAX, but it was apparently presented at the Venice premiere in 3D. 

5 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Ar they going to show walk on the Moon? Like, the whole space thing? In if that's the case!

Yeah, I believe the entire Apollo 11 segment (the moon walking 100% as we see it in trailer) was filmed with IMAX. Hearing as much as 40 minutes of IMAX footage is in the final cut.

Spoiler

The film also shows all the test flights and missions Neil did before Apollo 11.

1 hour ago, antovolk said:

Yeah, I believe the entire Apollo 11 segment (the moon walking 100% as we see it in trailer) was filmed with IMAX. Hearing as much as 40 minutes of IMAX footage is in the final cut.

Reveal hidden contents

That's gonna look insane! :)

@AndyK is that just a conspiracy theory like Roswell or was actually proven? :thinking: