kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | 13.8 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 9.8 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.0 M CREED

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

LOL, glad you thought of me.  But you know what I mean, right?  You'rte waiting the entire movie to hear the theme and then when you do, it's just an emotionally galvanizing moment.

The character work is honestly on a different level, we care about both Rocky and Donnie, else that moment wouldn't work. Every single character was brilliantly developed and had a logical arc. The movie is honestly one of the best of the year for sure.

• Like 2

Just now, AJG said:

In London £10-15. That's $15-23 for you guys in the US.

Jesus thats expensive.  They scaring away customers with that.

Ah. U think that's bad. In Australia the average is over 12. Tbh the major chains charge closer 20 to see a film here. With the worst cost wise (but the best experience outside of iMax or gold class) is vmax at 22 (23 if 3d). It's only recently it's begun to look better in Usd thanks to the slide in our exchange rate.

(FYI - gold class is 40 and since we don't even have an iMax in brisbane.... )

Yes some chains are cheaper but so is the experience in many cases....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45 minutes ago, baumer said:

That's hard.  I think the best Rocky is the first but Rocky Balboa is a very very close second.  And then to be honest, with the exception of the fifth, every other Rocky is incredible.  So to say this is better than four or two or whatever, is tough.  But I gave it a 9.5/10.  No Rocky outside of 5 is lower than that.

I couldn't agree with your comment more. I loved Creed. But I cannot say it's better then 2, 3, 4 or 6. I can say that for me it was nowhere near the original. But it's not fair to compare. Rocky 1 is to me a perfect movie. 

I also wasn't pulling for Adonis quite like I was pulling for Rocky in the original. Adonis at least had money and security. If boxing doesn't work out, he has something else to fall back on, though certainly not his preference. If Rocky isn't on his feet at the end of the 15th round in Rocky... He's still basically a bum. 

But again, I thought Creed was fantastic. 

• Like 1

7.5 for Creed that's helluva lot better than Horrible Bosses 2, Grudge Match, Expendables 3, Bullet To The Head, and Escape Plan. It should at least between 25-30 million for the 3-day if front-loaded and if back-loaded 30-35 million 3-day. The Good Dinosaur will have most of its $$$$ on Friday, the weekend, and thanksgiving day in particular. It should be a solid thanksgiving weekend on the way folks.

Creed is great! Like Grim said, the character work was exceptional; the movie was ale to centre my focus on Jordan, but when Stallone came in, there was this beautiful work by the filmmakers on developing the characters together. You care about both of them.

Im not going to throw around Oscar talk yet, because I just want to focus on the movie for now. It's certainly a crowd pleaser. I have it in the same category as Blind Side and Karate Kid (new one) where, yea it's formulaic, and yea you see a lot of it coming, but screw it if I'm not satisfied by the end.

8.5/10 for me so far.

• Like 1

9m is kinda disappointing for TGD, but it is always more or less a crap shoot to guess animated OWs from a Wednesday OD. Could still be huge, low, or in the middle for the weekend with that. Good start for Creed. Not bad MJ2 since MJ1 was only 1m higher than that on the Wednesday before Thansgiving. Could be a better second weekend hold for it. 

• Like 1

Is it possible TGD got dumped into November?

Maybe Pixar realized something was lacking too late into production.

They didn't even advertise nearly as much for this as they did for Inside Out.

Let's get real.

Edited by grey ghost

Idk about "dumping", but I agree the marketing was sub-par. Didn't realize this was coming out until a few weeks ago. Disney started on IO like back during March Madness, 3 months before, but I didn't hear anything about TGD all of October. 

Not on TV, social media, in the stores, whatever. Thats why I'll be surprised if its huge this weekend, because I didn't feel the hype at all nor really see an effort from Disney. Tbh I didn't see any hype with the Dory teaser either and that's attached to this. 

Even if you're an established brand, you still gotta sell your product. Had the same complaint with MJ2. Really felt like LG got cocky and figured MJ2 would sell itself. Bond has had the best marketing this season by far.

15 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Let's get real.

But why would they? TGD potentially underperforming could cost Pixar / Disney millions, and put several of the animators who worked on it out of a job (they already fired several animators because of production delays). Having it, be intentional, would also paint Lasseter in a negative light, and he already got plenty of flack for Cars 2.

I just don't see it.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

7 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Not on TV, social media, in the stores, whatever. Thats why I'll be surprised if its huge this weekend, because I didn't feel the hype at all nor really see an effort from Disney. Tbh I didn't see any hype with the Dory teaser either and that's attached to this. 

Disagree on Dory; that got more shared on my Facebook than the final Star Wars trailer. Other stuff sounds right

21 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Let's get real.

This release date isn't really a "dumped" kind of date.