kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | 13.8 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 9.8 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.0 M CREED

35 minutes ago, DAJK said:

So we could be looking at Creed o/u 18M next weekend and Good Dino o/u 25M? 30M? And maybe Krampus at 15M methinks. Not too too bad leading up to SW...

Frozen's 2nd weekend was 31M. I dount TGD will gross anywhere near that. 25M is a better target. -50% from 3-day weekend.

• Like 1

Victor Frankenstein was delayed twice before, it was meant to be released in October 2014 so clearly it was dumped. 

In regard to TGD, I think Pixar will be fine even if it does end being one of their lowest grossing films, Inside Out proved they've still got it and given how troubled production was on TGD, the final product could have ended up a lot worse than simply being good. 

8 minutes ago, stripe said:

I would say that both Spectre and TGD will cross the 200M mark

Spectre will only need like 25M more to reach the mark.

It'll be hard for both, but not impossible. Spectre will lose most of it's theaters by the end of December. I think TGD can make 220-230M with slightly worse legs than Frozen.

44 minutes ago, The Dark Alfred said:

GS must have tanked during the WC evening shows, I suck at extrapolating animation.

That's pretty odd, since WC evening shows really helped Inside Out. Guess that's just a testament to how much more adult appeal it had.

7 minutes ago, misafeco said:

It'll be hard for both, but not impossible. Spectre will lose most of it's theaters by the end of December. I think TGD can make 220-230M with slightly worse legs than Frozen.

Why would TGD's legs be anywhere close to Frozen's?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

Also, can we just appreciate for a moment that The Martian made marginally less than Victor Frankenstein?

As of Tuesday, twelve wide release movies that opened after The Martian were below it in the charts. If it gets ahead of Love the Coopers that'll be a bakers dozen.

TBH Victor Frankenstein was doomed the minute they released the pics of DanRad's wig, which I'm gonna wager is scarier than the monster. There is no one in the world that thing wouldn't look ridiculous on.

Expect The Good Dinosaur to take a slight dip today, family movies almost always decrease on Thanksgiving before seeing huge increases on Black Friday.

• Like 1