kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | 13.8 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 9.8 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.0 M CREED

"CREED! CREED! CREED!". I'm so excited to see Creed absolutely breakout this weekend. Reviews are great, but more importantly WOM from the GA is going to be insane. TGD is also gonna do great, will be interesting to see how it does comapred to Frozen.

Edited by Jayhawk
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

Weird. Victor Frankenstein doesn't even have a British Colombia rating yet...

Kinda upset that it and Good Dinosaur don't open here until Friday, but at least I'm seeing Creed tonight!

Well that way you don't have to choose between the movies :lol:

I was personally wondering if I go to a movie today for $5 Wednesday since I don't have school, should I go see Creed or The Good Dino. 

14 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

1.4 M for BIG HERO 6 (Thursday previews)

That had the Marvel tie in and a better preview date (Thursday vs Tuesday) 

With a Wednesday opening, Good Dinosaur should do somewhere between $80-100 million 

The real story is Creed... 

8 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

"CREED! CREED! CREED!". I'm so excited to see Creed absolutely breakout this weekend. Reviews are great, but more importantly WOM from the GA is going to be insane. TGD is also gonna do great, will be interesting to see how it does comapred to Frozen.

How big will Creed be this weekend? Its previews are bigger than any other major opener over Thanksgiving (Frozen, GD, Muppets, Tangled, Enchanted, etc)

There's no real precedent for a major adult-skewing film opening over Thanksgiving, either. 

I don't think it'll be that frontloaded due to the kind of film and it's excellent reviews, but $55 million+ for the 5-day would be amazing :o would Blind Side's $57 million 5-day reasonable to expect? 

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Quick reminder that The Martian was going to release today until Fox smartened up.

It would definitely have done good business in this slot as well. Maybe a 75M+ 5 day and an O/U 200M finish. It is a good crowd pleasing movie, and those can survive at any time during the year. The only difference it would have made is that October would have been worse than it turned out being but all October movies would have earned just a bit more since the defacto movie of choice was not present.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Quick reminder that The Martian was going to release today until Fox smartened up.

Very smart. Creed, MJ2 and Good Dinosaur should combine for $150 million+ over the 5 day plus holdovers. 

There'd be no real room for The Martian. October 2nd was perfect with everything except Bridge of Spies and Goosebumps bombing hard 

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Creed probably would've been hurt the most if The Martian had stayed in the original spot

Not sure about that. The Martian majorly benefited from WOM build-up and lack of competition in the succeeding weeks. Creed OTOH has some hype going for it from the start. If the two were to go head to head, and that too just 3 weeks before You Know What, TM would have suffered.