kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | 13.8 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 9.8 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.0 M CREED

9 minutes ago, John Marston said:

$13m+ MJ2 ($73-75m 5 day)
$9m+ Dinosaur ($60m+)
$7.5m+ Creed ($40m+)
$? Victor F ($6m)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hunger-games-stays-843849

MJ1 was 14.6M, Frozen was 15M, Creed doing awesome numbers compared to almost every other live action movie released on Thanksgiving weekend over the past few years.

• Like 1

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/thanksgiving-box-office-hunger-games-topping-creed-good-dinosaur-1201648850/

“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 2” will lead the U.S. box office with about $73 million for the five-day Thanksgiving holiday at 4,175 locations, early estimates showed Wednesday.

The opening of Disney-Pixar’s “The Good Dinosaur” appears to be heading for about $63 million for the long weekend and New Line-MGM’s “Creed” will come in above forecasts in the $40 million range at 3,350 sites. “Creed” scored an industry record for previews on a pre-Thanksgiving Tuesday night with $1.4 million, edging “The Good Dinosaur” at $1.3 million.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I dunno, I mean it would be a great number technically, but is be disappointed with just 7.5M for Creed.

$7.5M is still great if it holds. It could've been worse considering it was barely above Vacation (opened on a Tuesday), but sputerred at just $3.8M wednesday. Plus it was 40% above Horrible Bosses 2, which could have translated to just $6M Wednesday. Nothing to sneeze at all so far.

If TGD makes 9.5m on Wed, then it will get 55m over 5 days if it behaves like Tangled, and 58.6m if it behaves like Frozen. So don't know why THR and V confident about 60m+ over 5-days. Will require 10-11m on Wed to touch 60m I think.