kayumanggi

Wednesday Numbers | 13.8 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 9.8 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.0 M CREED

If TGD makes 9.5m on Wed, then it will get 55m over 5 days if it behaves like Tangled, and 58.6m if it behaves like Frozen. So don't know why THR and V confident about 60m+ over 5-days. Will require 10-11m on Wed to touch 60m I think.

Fuck parents who take children under age 2 to movies. Every other kid in the crowd was actually well behaved except for the BAWLING baby that sits right in front of me and whose mother refuses to take her out of the theater

• Like 5

I feel like the release of The Good Dinosaur was much more...muted, for lack of a better term...than previous Pixar movies due to the fact it's the first time the studio has put out two movies in one year (Finding Dory will make it 3 in less than a year, but obviously that's going to be its own beast). Also, Inside Out had the "return to form" buzz going for it, while the reviews for this are closer to Cars 1 and the post-Toy Story 3/pre-Inside Out streak. That said, it's gonna make a boatload over this weekend. I think it's awesome that we're going back to the mid/late 90s when Disney would conquer Thanksgiving weekend (even though Enchanted, Tangled, and of course Frozen made significant sums of money launching on the frame in recent years too).

Is that $6M projection for Victor Frankenstein for the whole 5-day frame? LOL that bombage could be seen coming from miles and miles away.

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I feel like the release of The Good Dinosaur was much more...muted, for lack of a better term...than previous Pixar movies due to the fact it's the first time the studio has put out two movies in one year (Finding Dory will make it 3 in less than a year, but obviously that's going to be its own beast). Also, Inside Out had the "return to form" buzz going for it, while the reviews for this are closer to Cars 1 and the post-Toy Story 3/pre-Inside Out streak. That said, it's gonna make a boatload over this weekend. I think it's awesome that we're going back to the mid/late 90s when Disney would conquer Thanksgiving weekend (even though Enchanted, Tangled, and of course Frozen made significant sums of money launching on the frame in recent years too).

Is that $6M projection for Victor Frankenstein for the whole 5-day frame? LOL that bombage could be seen coming from miles and miles away.

I think there is a mental reset for most moviegoers on new year. It just feels like a natural break, so even if a studio releases a movie in November and then in January, it still feel fresher than a movie in August and then October. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Fuck parents who take children under age 2 to movies. Every other kid in the crowd was actually well behaved except for the BAWLING baby that sits right in front of me and whose mother refuses to take her out of the theater

"We can't afford a babysitter so we're gonna make a hundred other people suffer." or "I'm sure my baby would love to see that!"

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, John Marston said:

$13m+ MJ2 ($73-75m 5 day)
$9m+ Dinosaur ($60m+)
$7.5m+ Creed ($40m+)
$? Victor F ($6m)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-hunger-games-stays-843849

The Blind Side did 7.9m on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving if Creed behaves like that film it could do 54m for the 5-day. 

But those weekend increases were crazy, so im thinking probably closer to 40-45m 5-day unless it blows up tremendously.

Edited by babz06

Off topic,

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/olga-kurylenko-morgan-freeman-thriller-momentum-163051260.html

Olga Kurylenko, Morgan Freeman Thriller 'Momentum' Opens to Just $69 in the U.K.

While Lionsgate may well be disappointed that its final Hunger Games installment didn’t quite hit the levels set by its predecessors in its opening weekend, spare a thought for the team behind action-thriller Momentum.

The South Africa-shot film, with an estimated $20 million production budget and starring Morgan Freeman and Olga Kurylenko, didn’t just stumble at the U.K box office, but seemingly tripped up on a towel in the changing room and failed to make it to the starting line, taking a measly £46 ($69) in its debut.

7 minutes ago, Klingo said:

How much do tickets cost in the UK?

In London £10-15. That's $15-23 for you guys in the US.

That movie had only 10 cinemas and made $7 per cinema. 2 cinemas sold no tickets. My guess is some old people needed a place to sit, or some people that worked on the film wanted to see it on the big screen rather than just watch it VOD.

Edited by AJG