WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg8): Mockingjay 18.6M | Krampus 16M | Creed 15.54M | TGD 15.51M

There could be way for Spectre to hit $200M DOM if "Sony" tries to do the same thing that WB did to have "Godzilla" reach that mark.

Either they try to fudge it there or expand the theaters for Spectre, or re-release it.

I don't think Sony would not let that happen if they get really, really close.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

1 hour ago, pieman said:

You shouldn't, it's a good movie. See it before you write it off completely and pray for it's failure.

Oh I certainly haven't written it off. It's my most anticipated movie for the next few months Star Wars aside.

1 hour ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Truly terrible for TGD.  Still can't call it a bomb but this is the first sure fire miss from the Pixar cannon, box office wise.  Hoping it will at least break even with the international market.

Fantastic for Krampus.  Very hard to get that kind of movie to a 10+ OW in this time frame.  

Why can't call it a bomb? Why would it break even due to OS, when it opened in basically every market, to a measly 29M? It's a 200M+ budget film that will maybe gross 250M worldwide if it's lucky. It's a John Carter/Lone Ranger sized flop. The only thing it has going for it is that at least a majority of its money was made domestic, so the 250M gross will be more lucrative than some other 250M grosses.

Edited by Treelo the Good Treenosaur

2 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

I also overpredicted TGD's worldwide number. But after seeing the movie, I knew right away it's not the kind that would attract 'kids.'.

Attracted kids? Didn't it lack adult appeal unlike IO, hence why it didn't do as well. 

1 hour ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

If it follows QOS' pattern of drops from here it makes 200m. ;)

It'll all depend on just how hideous the theater drops will be on the 18th and the 25th. Everything is about to get a massive screen reduction.

34 minutes ago, Treelo the Good Treenosaur said:

Why can't call it a bomb? Why would it break even due to OS, when it opened in basically every market, to a measly 29M? It's a 200M+ budget film that will maybe gross 250M worldwide if it's lucky. It's a John Carter/Lone Ranger sized flop. The only thing it has going for it is that at least a majority of its money was made domestic, so the 250M gross will be more lucrative than some other 250M grosses.

It did not open in every market. Was just 39 or 52%. Still, the opening wasn't good.

Edited by kayumanggi

3 hours ago, kayumanggi said:

It wasn't adults who gave ICE AGE and MINIONS big overseas numbers.

Overseas maybe, but I was taking about the opening weekend domestically. I'm sure there mostly kids in the theaters everywhere, just not too many went, and now TGD is a humongous bomb, even by Pixar standards, and well, that's just sad. 

7 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Overseas maybe, but I was taking about the opening weekend domestically. I'm sure there mostly kids in the theaters everywhere, just not too many went, and now TGD is a humongous bomb, even by Pixar standards, and well, that's just sad. 

I was talking about overseas numbers.