WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg8): Mockingjay 18.6M | Krampus 16M | Creed 15.54M | TGD 15.51M

11 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I got bombarded with teaser 2 attached to movies all summer. And I've seen it recently too in theaters, after the trailer was released.

I saw teaser 2 with every movie I went to this summer (Avengers, Mad Max, Jurassic World, Ant-Man, MI:5) and the main trailer with Spectre. It's even hard to miss since it's usually the last one before the movie starts.

2 hours ago, misafeco said:

Awful numbers for holdovers. People are waiting for SW.

The weekend after Thanksgiving historically has heavy drops for most holdovers because of the inflated theater attendance over the previous 5-day holiday weekend. This weekend is completely normal and in line with the past.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 7

Just now, 4815162342 said:

The weekend after Thanksgiving historically has heavy drops for most holdovers because of the inflated theater attendance over the previous 5-day holiday weekend.

I expected more than 20M for MJ2 after the good holds so far. TGD drops bigger than Frozen  Big Hero 6/Penguins of Madagascar. Creed is ok, but it should've make more.

4 minutes ago, misafeco said:

I expected more than 20M for MJ2 after the good holds so far. TGD drops bigger than Frozen  Big Hero 6/Penguins of Madagascar. Creed is ok, but it should've make more.

Mockingjay 1 dropped 61.3% post-Thanksgiving. Catching Fire dropped 64.7% post-Thanksgiving. MJ2 is going to drop in that same area, just closer to Catching Fire than MJ1.

You are applying your own wishes against the sheer mathematical history of how films in general perform on a particular weekend every single year.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, misafeco said:

This is actually going to be one of the biggest post-Thanksgiving weekends ever, to echo what Numbers said.

11 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Same.

I was expecting 20m for Mp2, first weekend it was 19m behind Mp1, but 2nd it was just 4.9m behind, I thought 2m behind Mp1 this weekend's reasonable.

Edited by A District 3 Engineer

5 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Mockingjay 1 dropped 61.3% post-Thanksgiving. Catching Fire dropped 64.7% post-Thanksgiving. MJ2 is going to drop in that same area, just closer to Catching Fire than MJ1.

You are applying your own wishes against the sheer mathematical history of how films in general perform on a particular weekend every single year.

No. CF's 3rd weekend drop was bigger because it made almost 100M 5-day. MJ2's drop should be in line with MJ1's. Boxoffice.com said 18.6M yesterday that's -64.3%.