Jump to content
JJ-8

FBO - Bank Accounts & Total Investments Made 2018

Recommended Posts

updated the table above... a minor error had crept to revenue's... all fixed now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bank Accounts - 2016

 

Bank Account = 100m + $ Earnt (Revenue) - $ Invested

 

TW

Investors Title

Movie Count

Total % Active

Total $ Invested

Total Revenue ($ Earnt)

Bank Account Total Gross

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

lucasbenica

8

525%

$157,500,000

$209,887,020

$152,387,020

 

2

The Panda

2

75%

$39,000,000

$80,067,279

$141,067,279

 

3

Grey Ghost

6

350%

$82,500,000

$97,239,203

$114,739,203

 

4

Jayhawk

1

25%

$2,500,000

$6,573,043

$104,073,043

 

5

ThatOneGuy

1

20%

$2,000,000

$5,258,434

$103,258,434

 

6

Simionski

7

575%

$143,000,000

$146,044,425

$103,044,425

 

7

megaboxoffice

1

25%

$875,000

$45,674

$99,170,674

 

8

Exxdee

3

170%

$12,000,000

$0

$88,000,000

 

9

Ethan Hunt

5

170%

$47,800,000

$34,093,959

$86,293,959

 

10

Wrath

14

600%

$243,175,000

$221,829,403

$78,654,403

 

11

Jajang

12

405%

$176,800,000

$143,574,392

$66,774,392

 

12

chasmmi

6

330%

$58,440,000

$24,589,754

$66,149,754

 

13

DAJK

9

385%

$82,600,000

$41,015,399

$58,415,399

 

14

BourneFan #1

10

425%

$160,000,000

$105,694,074

$45,694,074

 

15

WrathofHan

5

160%

$89,600,000

$14,450,570

$24,850,570

 

16

CJohn

5

350%

$126,500,000

$29,904,293

$3,404,293

 

-

Alfred

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

glassfairy

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

townzy89

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

sakskidz

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

Gokai Red

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bank Accounts - 2016

 

Bank Account = 100m + $ Earnt (Revenue) - $ Invested

 

TW

Investors Title

Movie Count

Total % Active

Total $ Invested

Total Revenue ($ Earnt)

Bank Account Total Gross

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

lucasbenica

8

525%

$151,000,000

$301,691,536

$250,691,536

 

2

Wrath

14

600%

$233,175,000

$325,642,307

$192,467,307

 

3

The Panda

2

75%

$39,000,000

$124,350,866

$185,350,866

 

4

Jajang

12

405%

$168,050,000

$201,251,092

$133,201,092

 

5

Simionski

7

575%

$140,500,000

$171,237,134

$130,737,134

 

6

Grey Ghost

6

350%

$82,500,000

$103,833,059

$121,333,059

 

7

Jayhawk

1

25%

$2,500,000

$6,597,832

$104,097,832

 

8

ThatOneGuy

1

20%

$2,000,000

$5,278,265

$103,278,265

 

9

megaboxoffice

1

25%

$875,000

$45,674

$99,170,674

 

10

Exxdee

2

70%

$6,000,000

$1,470,784

$95,470,784

 

11

Ethan Hunt

5

170%

$47,800,000

$38,395,733

$90,595,733

 

12

BourneFan #1

10

425%

$150,000,000

$126,830,123

$76,830,123

 

13

DAJK

9

385%

$78,850,000

$55,164,911

$76,314,911

 

14

chasmmi

5

230%

$55,440,000

$25,200,492

$69,760,492

 

15

WrathofHan

5

160%

$89,600,000

$17,632,042

$28,032,042

 

16

CJohn

5

350%

$119,000,000

$45,423,024

$26,423,024

 

-

Alfred

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

glassfairy

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

townzy89

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

sakskidz

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

Gokai Red

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated 02-29-16

 

Bank Accounts - 2016

 

Bank Account = 100m + $ Earnt (Revenue) - $ Invested

 

TW

Investors Title

Movie Count

Total % Active

Total $ Invested

Total Revenue ($ Earnt)

Bank Account Total Gross

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

Wrath

16

800%

$258,775,000

$389,911,348

$231,136,348

 

2

The Panda

3

100%

$89,000,000

$149,462,927

$160,462,927

 

3

Simionski

7

575%

$136,500,000

$192,341,031

$155,841,031

 

4

Jajang

15

470%

$226,200,000

$238,570,537

$112,370,537

 

5

Jayhawk

1

25%

$2,500,000

$6,622,226

$104,122,226

 

6

ThatOneGuy

1

20%

$2,000,000

$5,297,781

$103,297,781

 

7

megaboxoffice

1

25%

$875,000

$45,674

$99,170,674

 

8

DAJK

11

455%

$110,850,000

$63,099,736

$52,249,736

 

9

Ethan Hunt

6

195%

$99,300,000

$43,572,055

$44,272,055

 

10

lucasbenica

13

785%

$412,150,000

$355,680,358

$43,530,358

 

11

Exxdee

4

125%

$62,000,000

$2,738,582

$40,738,582

 

12

WrathofHan

5

160%

$86,400,000

$21,620,582

$35,220,582

 

13

BourneFan #1

11

460%

$221,500,000

$146,639,279

$25,139,279

 

14

Grey Ghost

8

500%

$192,500,000

$107,314,382

$14,814,382

 

15

chasmmi

8

345%

$114,440,000

$25,509,724

$11,069,724

 

16

CJohn

8

500%

$158,500,000

$59,368,025

$868,025

 

-

Alfred

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

glassfairy

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

townzy89

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

sakskidz

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

Gokai Red

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bank Accounts - 2016

 

Bank Account = 100m + $ Earnt (Revenue) - $ Invested

 

TW

Investors Title

Movie Count

Total % Active

Total $ Invested

Total Revenue ($ Earnt)

Bank Account Total Gross

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

Wrath

20

1145%

$340,535,000

$487,752,147

$247,217,147

 

2

The Panda

3

100%

$89,000,000

$162,822,439

$173,822,439

 

3

Jajang

15

470%

$221,200,000

$288,788,208

$167,588,208

 

4

Simionski

7

575%

$136,500,000

$203,569,622

$167,069,622

 

5

Jayhawk

1

25%

$2,500,000

$6,636,091

$104,136,091

 

6

ThatOneGuy

1

20%

$2,000,000

$5,308,872

$103,308,872

 

7

lucasbenica

14

810%

$418,900,000

$418,536,873

$99,636,873

 

8

megaboxoffice

1

25%

$875,000

$45,674

$99,170,674

 

9

WrathofHan

5

160%

$86,400,000

$61,333,663

$74,933,663

 

10

DAJK

12

460%

$116,850,000

$86,388,966

$69,538,966

 

11

BourneFan #1

11

460%

$221,500,000

$176,873,210

$55,373,210

 

12

Ethan Hunt

6

195%

$99,300,000

$46,698,656

$47,398,656

 

13

Exxdee

4

125%

$62,000,000

$3,907,824

$41,907,824

 

14

chasmmi

9

395%

$134,440,000

$40,665,001

$6,225,001

 

15

Grey Ghost

9

600%

$202,500,000

$108,619,791

$6,119,791

 

16

CJohn

10

675%

$198,500,000

$104,552,762

$6,052,762

 

-

Alfred

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

glassfairy

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

townzy89

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

sakskidz

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

-

Gokai Red

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

@The Dark Alfred, @glassfairy, @townzy89, @sakskidz and @Gokai Red :- if you don't invest this coming week I intend to remove your accounts after next weekend.  you can of course join later...... but the later you start the less chance you have of winning.... :P 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Wrath - mate u might want to slowdown on the % of investments... your at 1145% already... once you hit 1500% you will need to wait a week before you can invest...... (while everyone else has a week without your quick fire fingers :ph34r: )  i'd say goodbye to any investments for blockbusters at that point unless u get lucky! ...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish!  Regretting passing on BvS, overestimated how much there would be to invest in with everyone else having lots of cash tied up in that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

@Wrath - mate u might want to slowdown on the % of investments... your at 1145% already... once you hit 1500% you will need to wait a week before you can invest...... (while everyone else has a week without your quick fire fingers :ph34r: )  i'd say goodbye to any investments for blockbusters at that point unless u get lucky! ...

 

 

 

Oh, one thought: that % goes down once movies are out of the theater, right? I mean, Masked Saint is long-gone at this point. Is that going to get held against me until the end of the game?

Edited by Wrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Wrath said:

 

Oh, one thought: that % goes down once movies are out of the theater, right? I mean, Masked Saint is long-gone at this point. Is that going to get held against me until the end of the game?

 

Interesting idea however the original intention is it counts till the end of the game. 

 

Your comment has raised an idea in my head of a change to that rule though u might not like it. 

 

U see one way this could be implemented is based off active % (i.e. Actual released total). But then I would need to lower that limit. (Tbh we've never had someone with such a high % this early in the game)

 

as the rule stands its intention was to include all investments. And once u pass that that limit its there for the rest of the game. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh. I'm not a fan of that rule. I mean, I get the Deadpool was unusual, but even so, most people are going to get to this point sometime in Spring or early summer. I'm just already at the point where I could have gone 100% on BvS and had plenty of cash left over, but an overabundance of cash is going to bite everyone relatively soon. But my personal struggle with this rule isn't why I don't like it.

 

I get why the rule is there. The idea is to let people catch up who joined late, or hadn't been very active, and to a lesser degree folks who haven't picked movies well. They have less money, so they presumably invest in fewer movies. This is supposed to help them, and it sort of does, but in a kind of clumsy fashion.  I'll explain.

 

The problem is that while it sort of helps them, but it also *badly* hampers them by completely wrecking a style of play. By summer, blockbusters start arriving fast and thick, and people with big bank accounts will be able to gap full allotments of Civil War *and* Angry Birds *and* Apocalypse. The only thing stopping them is having to wait a week. On the one hand, that's great, the little guys get first crack. The problem is that someone struggling isn't going to have the $500M necessary to buy all those so they're likely to fall even further behind.

 

Really, their best strategy is to try and gamble on the little movies, hoping to get a The Boy that breaks out and gives them a big return on their investment. But to do that, they need to rack up *much* higher Investment % totals than someone who just does blockbusters, so they rapidly run through their allotment of % before ending up in the same boat as everyone else. So its a penalty that's initially helpful, but actually builds up the fastest on the people who need it the most. That's what I meant by it being clumsy.

 

The problem, imo, is that the penalty encourages a "wait for the big movie, then be the first people to type in that they're buying it" gameplay, where all the action occurs in 5 minute periods once/week. You get it and you win, or you're 30 seconds late (or you forget, as I often do, and are like 14 hours late) and you're out of luck. As the game progresses, the game just becomes more and more concentrated in this.

 

I see the need to constrain the wealthier players from just vacuuming everything up (which is what I consciously decided to do by passing on BvS, which was an interesting, if questionable, decision at the time. But now is clearly a major error), and the game is well underway so changes involving different mechanics aren't suggested lightly. But I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. What's lacking, imo, is a meaningful "how do I best allocate my resources?" mechanic once the game gets past the first couple months. Maybe your suggestion of a cap on the active % of movies a player can have at one time is the way to go (You're a management company, right? You can only oversee so many projects at one time). It seems like a good idea to me.

 

That way, the players will say "Hmm, how can I best use my allowed, active 600% (or whatever)?" The rich players can say "Hmm, I better invest in Apocalypse, because even though I'm not sure it'll be huge, I can't afford to invest in the smaller ones or I won't be able to use all my money", while the poorer players can pick Conjuring 2 or whatever, going for smaller budget, higher % return movies. Different people can end up with optimal strategies involving completely different sets of movies. That sounds interesting.

Edited by Wrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll have a think but I like the idea and I think it's 

4 hours ago, Wrath said:

Huh. I'm not a fan of that rule. I mean, I get the Deadpool was unusual, but even so, most people are going to get to this point sometime in Spring or early summer. I'm just already at the point where I could have gone 100% on BvS and had plenty of cash left over, but an overabundance of cash is going to bite everyone relatively soon. But my personal struggle with this rule isn't why I don't like it.

 

I get why the rule is there. The idea is to let people catch up who joined late, or hadn't been very active, and to a lesser degree folks who haven't picked movies well. They have less money, so they presumably invest in fewer movies. This is supposed to help them, and it sort of does, but in a kind of clumsy fashion.  I'll explain.

 

The problem is that while it sort of helps them, but it also *badly* hampers them by completely wrecking a style of play. By summer, blockbusters start arriving fast and thick, and people with big bank accounts will be able to gap full allotments of Civil War *and* Angry Birds *and* Apocalypse. The only thing stopping them is having to wait a week. On the one hand, that's great, the little guys get first crack. The problem is that someone struggling isn't going to have the $500M necessary to buy all those so they're likely to fall even further behind.

 

Really, their best strategy is to try and gamble on the little movies, hoping to get a The Boy that breaks out and gives them a big return on their investment. But to do that, they need to rack up *much* higher Investment % totals than someone who just does blockbusters, so they rapidly run through their allotment of % before ending up in the same boat as everyone else. So its a penalty that's initially helpful, but actually builds up the fastest on the people who need it the most. That's what I meant by it being clumsy.

 

The problem, imo, is that the penalty encourages a "wait for the big movie, then be the first people to type in that they're buying it" gameplay, where all the action occurs in 5 minute periods once/week. You get it and you win, or you're 30 seconds late (or you forget, as I often do, and are like 14 hours late) and you're out of luck. As the game progresses, the game just becomes more and more concentrated in this.

 

I see the need to constrain the wealthier players from just vacuuming everything up (which is what I consciously decided to do by passing on BvS, which was an interesting, if questionable, decision at the time. But now is clearly a major error), and the game is well underway so changes involving different mechanics aren't suggested lightly. But I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. What's lacking, imo, is a meaningful "how do I best allocate my resources?" mechanic once the game gets past the first couple months. Maybe your suggestion of a cap on the active % of movies a player can have at one time is the way to go (You're a management company, right? You can only oversee so many projects at one time). It seems like a good idea to me.

 

That way, the players will say "Hmm, how can I best use my allowed, active 600% (or whatever)?" The rich players can say "Hmm, I better invest in Apocalypse, because even though I'm not sure it'll be huge, I can't afford to invest in the smaller ones or I won't be able to use all my money", while the poorer players can pick Conjuring 2 or whatever, going for smaller budget, higher % return movies. Different people can end up with optimal strategies involving completely different sets of movies. That sounds interesting.

 

I like it. It's working out what that cap is and what should be included. I'll ponder this some more. At this point only really yourself and Lucas are likely impacted. 

 

Currently active is tracked as -

 

Film is released and not closed. 

Ie. Released means that films release date has passed

closed means BOM is no longer tracking the film on a weekend. (To date this year 2 films have closed)

 

lastly what should the restriction be? (As current rule of 1 week later OR different. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JJ-8 said:

I'll have a think but I like the idea and I think it's 

 

I like it. It's working out what that cap is and what should be included. I'll ponder this some more. At this point only really yourself and Lucas are likely impacted. 

 

Currently active is tracked as -

 

Film is released and not closed. 

Ie. Released means that films release date has passed

closed means BOM is no longer tracking the film on a weekend. (To date this year 2 films have closed)

 

lastly what should the restriction be? (As current rule of 1 week later OR different. 

 

Just to make sure I'm clear, I think tracking active % is a great idea and if the cap % ends up low enough that I'll be penalized by it immediately, and I suspect that'll be the case, I'm ok with it.

 

BUT

 

I only like the idea *IF* it doesn't increase your administrative workload too significantly. You've got a system you're working with now, you've been running it for a while and have it down. I don't want us to make any changes that'll cause extra work to running the game.

 

As far as penalties go, I think the 1 week rule is fine, escalating to 3 weeks over threshold #2, whatever that ends up being. I also think those are reasonable criteria for a movie being "active". When BOM stops reporting weekend revenue, its done, and people should be aware that it could be quite a while before that happens.

 

Figuring out the % is the tricky part. Low enough to impact people's decision making in a meaningful way, but not so low that it strangles people. Maybe 900% and 1500% as the two cut-offs?

 

 

Edited by Wrath

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who will be stupid enough to drop cash on Apocalypse and Angry Birds? Lmao, most Summer blockbusters are SHIT investments. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I may invest in something like Angry Birds. Also finding dory, and conjuring 2 for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2016 at 6:43 AM, CJohn said:

Who will be stupid enough to drop cash on Apocalypse and Angry Birds? Lmao, most Summer blockbusters are SHIT investments. 

 

Stop trying to convince everyone they don't want those so you can invest......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bank Accounts - 2016

 

Bank Account = 100m + $ Earnt (Revenue) - $ Invested

 

TW

Investors Title

Movie Count

Wide Active %

Total $ Invested

Total Revenue ($ Earnt)

Bank Account Total Gross

 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

1

Simionski

6

100%

$136,500,000

$268,849,016

$232,349,016

 

2

Wrath

21

440%

$500,535,000

$561,595,801

$161,060,801

 

3

Jajang

16

140%

$281,200,000

$328,578,368

$147,378,368

 

4

WrathofHan

5

50%

$86,400,000

$96,576,323

$110,176,323

 

5

Jayhawk

1

0%

$2,500,000

$6,645,842

$104,145,842

 

6

ThatOneGuy

1

0%

$2,000,000

$5,316,674

$103,316,674

 

7

megaboxoffice

1

0%

$875,000

$45,674

$99,170,674

 

8

DAJK

12

105%

$121,850,000

$107,283,319

$85,433,319

 

9

CJohn

10

300%

$203,500,000

$167,450,376

$63,950,376

 

10

Ethan Hunt

6

50%

$111,800,000

$48,337,967

$36,537,967

 

11

chasmmi

9

100%

$144,440,000

$77,170,696

$32,730,696

 

12

BourneFan #1

12

215%

$269,000,000

$200,033,255

$31,033,255

 

13

Exxdee

4

0%

$74,500,000

$4,716,757

$30,216,757

 

14

lucasbenica

15

220%

$548,900,000

$475,744,574

$26,844,574

 

15

The Panda

4

50%

$251,500,000

$171,263,785

$19,763,785

 

16

Grey Ghost

9

100%

$227,500,000

$133,988,392

$6,488,392

 

-

Gokai Red

0

0%

$0

$0

$100,000,000

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do a post in the main thread shortly explaining the new rule and column above.  FYI - this adds no additional adminstrative work for me.  It's all autocalculated and I can automatically colour the cells once we start implementing.

 

Wide Active % is as follows:

 

1. Film is in Release

2. Based upon your % of investment the film is in "Wide Release" (if I use BOM's rules that > 600 theatres)

       To explain, this is means if you invest say 50% in a film, when it goes under 1200 theatres the film will  be considered to be no longer wide for your "studio" or player.  ie. your investment is only in 600 theatres because you only invested 50%.  I was already calculating this value - see the weekend charts i am giving your total theatre count.  it also means if a film is in say 3000 theatres and you've only invested 10% then it doesn't count.  it also means should you choose to invest in limited releases, then that % will not count to this total.

 

I am proposing a cap of 3 films or 300% total.  While it seems low, when you consider the limitation above, it makes  a lot more sense that this is 3 films max only.  I'm terming it the maximum number of wide films that a studio can handle at any one time.

 

As you can see above @Wrath, you are the most impacted over time, as films reduce their % your % will come down.  You can of course choose to sell a film or cancel an investment (you can't help your current % (ie. released already) however u can get yourself back into the game earlier by doing that if you feel you no longer want an investment.

 

@CJohn is also impacted, but I should note, you have 150% that will dip below the 600 theatre level within a week meaning you won't be impacted. (HTBS & ETE will both dip below 600 theatres for your investments)

 

@lucasbenica - when BVS, TDR and MBFGW are released, you will likely tip over the limit at that point.... but i doubt it will last longer than 2 or 3 weeks.

 

Only other danger is @BourneFan #1, but as most of your films are only barely above the 600 mark, you should fine even if you dice with the limit or so to speak.

 

The restriction i'm proposing is you can't invest in any film that is listed as going wide by BOM.  I will continue to allow you to invest in limited releases as they don't count towards the overall % ever unless they should reach wide release.

 

as i said i will post a tidied up ruling in the main thread shortly.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wtf I only have 10% of BvS. This means I won't get any money from it? What the hell?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Wtf I only have 10% of BvS. This means I won't get any money from it? What the hell?

 

lol ... no no no no no no

 

you will STILL receive monies from investments that fall under the radar so to speak.  if you are clever you can invest 10% in everything and never hit that limit in theory or course you probably won't get as much $ from that. ;)

 

this only applies for the investment restrictions rule

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JJ-8 said:

 

lol ... no no no no no no

 

you will STILL receive monies from investments that fall under the radar so to speak.  if you are clever you can invest 10% in everything and never hit that limit in theory or course you probably won't get as much $ from that. ;)

 

this only applies for the investment restrictions rule

Exactly what I was thinking lmao. Some people will invest 10% in almost everything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.