AndyLL

Derby Support Thread

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

On the "all your weekly scores" section, I think the weeks should be clickable, bringing you to that section on "your weekly scores".

Also, on the "all your weekly scores" section, it's ordered very weirdly. I think it should be ordered from most recent to least recent, or by best scoring week.

22 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

Also, on the "all your weekly scores" section, it's ordered very weirdly. I think it should be ordered from most recent to least recent, or by best scoring week.

Not sure why Feb is sorting that way... it's supposed to be from most recent.

On 12/8/2015 at 10:36 PM, AndyLL said:

For now go ahead and post any Derby issues in this thread.  Once we've been through a few games we'll switch over to the normal support system for the Derby.

Please specify whether you are using a desktop or mobile, browser and operating system.

When possible include a screen shot.

I've left the ugly error screens on for now to help us find all the bugs

Andy

I'm probably going to start playing the Derby week after next, and I was wondering: How precise can the predictions be? In the archives, it all seems to be rounded to the 10,000s (meaning to the hundredths place in terms of millions). Is that as specific as the calculations go, or do they include numbers entered beyond those two places?

50 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

I'm probably going to start playing the Derby week after next, and I was wondering: How precise can the predictions be? In the archives, it all seems to be rounded to the 10,000s (meaning to the hundredths place in terms of millions). Is that as specific as the calculations go, or do they include numbers entered beyond those two places?

That is indeed the most you can get, but you don't need to be more specific anyway.

14 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

The precision of the actuals and predictions are both 1000s of millions.   The %s themselves are to the 1000s

7 hours ago, AndyLL said:

The precision of the actuals and predictions are both 1000s of millions.   The %s themselves are to the 1000s

Ah, so the internal math of the site actually accounts for three decimals on the predictions then, rather than just the two that are shown?

I've been unable to access the Derby once, ever since registering my account. Normally, it comes up with an ASP error, which I could not post because my password was visible in the header of the message. After changing it, I still can't access the Derby, but there's a new message now:

51nJKQA.png

Desktop, Chrome 59.0.3071.115, Mac OS 10.12.6

1 hour ago, FilmCavalcade said:

I've been unable to access the Derby once, ever since registering my account. Normally, it comes up with an ASP error, which I could not post because my password was visible in the header of the message. After changing it, I still can't access the Derby, but there's a new message now:

51nJKQA.png

Desktop, Chrome 59.0.3071.115, Mac OS 10.12.6

Try this:

http://derby.boxofficetheory.com?clearcache=1

If this doesn't work let me know.

I'm home late tonight so if you want to pick tonight PM me your picks.

2 hours ago, nomyth said:

For some reason, I'm only able to enter predictions for the openers this week. None of the holdovers show up. Was wondering if this was happening for anyone else.

1 hour ago, nomyth said:

Hmmm... I've tried clearing my cache and signed in and out several times. @AndyLL can I pm you my predictions for this week? Or is there something else I should try?

Try again.  If it doesn't work PM me your picks

• Thanks 1