#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

Let's say for a second Force Awakens becomes the first film to bring in $100 million on Friday. If it follows Jurassic World's Saturday and Sunday drops (15% and 17.9% respectively) we're looking at a $254.7 million weekend. If we performed the same calculations based on Age of Ultron's weekend drops (33% and 11%) we're looking at a $226.5 million opening. Both break the current opening weekend record as well as the per theater record, a record that is significant.

BOM.com

Everything is going right for SWTFA. The weather around the country seems to be decent this weekend. The reviews are extremely positive. The competition is no existent. Pre-sales are off the charts and breaking records. It's the perfect storm. I honestly now believe that the Opening Weekend record can be broken.

I'm going with...

216M OW.

I

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Is TGD going to cross $115 and Creed $100? Just peeked at BOM, wow I didn't know they were that far behind.

I think Creed will pass 100m. It has a chance for a nice Oscar noms bump, and it should play well through the holidays. Most of the theaters around me are keeping it on one solo screen.

9 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

5 and a halfish hours away. Leaving work in an hour-fifteen to stand on line.

Yup, getting to theater at 4 for 7 show…I'll be happy if I'm first 50-75 people on line.

• Like 2