#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I HAVE THE EXPLANATION FOR DISAPPOINTING SAT #'S

Everyone was home watching Democratic Presidential debate between Bernie Sanders and shillary.001.png.  The whole country is on edge due to the growing power of Donald Trump and want to see who can stop him!

Yeah people couldn't wait to see what city in the sky utopia idea Bernie came up with this time! 

Now that thats out of the way, $80 million Sunday incoming!

3 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

My guess Disney is lowballing Saturday after 130-145M Friday. Plus DHD report doesn't make sense since it directly contradicts Rth/Gitesh about matinee sales "insane" vs lagging behind. 

That's where I'm confused too. Two reports completely contradicting each other so I don't know.

Another possibility is a lot who were super hyped to see this rushed out on Thursday and Friday and people who are excited but not die hards are waiting until next week or after the holidays. I know for sure of two friends going tomorrow.

Spoilers leaking everywhere could also be having an effect for those who got the movie told to them via dickhead trolls, and are now just like "well I can wait until the crowds die down now" since the urgency is gone.

5 hours ago, jandrew said:

Off topic, but is Dakota Fanning still a thing? She literally went 100-0 real quick. Haven't seen her in anything in a while. Figured shed be one of those child stars that could still truck along. And she's mad pretty.

Her sister completely stole her thunder.

2 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

I'm wondering the same. He was here yesterday and poof, he's gone again. Man, he can't catch a break, first with TA1's OW and now SW7.

Well he shouldn't have posted a spoiler in this case. The thread specifically says no spoilers.

Anyways, I hope the number went up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

I HAVE THE EXPLANATION FOR DISAPPOINTING SAT #'S

Everyone was home watching Democratic Presidential debate between Bernie Sanders and shillary.001.png.  The whole country is on edge due to the growing power of Donald Trump and want to see who can stop him!

I'm a huge Bernie supporter and even I turned that debate off halfway through.  O'Malley was on his period, the moderators couldn't form coherent sentences, and everytime Hillary would make an allegation they'd practically ask her to respond to her own allegation.  Plus the moderators wouldn't stop bringing up ISIS the whole time, everyone was speaking in circles.

Maybe it got better after the break, idk.  Id prefer to just watch a Sanders rally and watch the guy rant, that's fun.

Anyways back on topic, nobody in their right mind would skip Star Wars to watch politics on a Saturday night.  Don't use me as proof otherwise because I'm not in my right mind.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Frozen said:

What if this whole weekend has been nothing but an acid trip and there is NO new Star Wars film?

The whole world is nothing but a program created by the machine. We're sleeping in water tanks right now, generating electricity for the machine world.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DealWithIt said:

Yeah people couldn't wait to see what city in the sky utopia idea Bernie came up with this time! 

Now that thats out of the way, $80 million Sunday incoming!

Bernie Sanders said everyone who watches the debate gets tax payer funded SW7 tickets so an 80 million Sunday isn't out of the question.

2 hours ago, Shawn said:

I think I can honestly say box office tracking will never get more exciting for me than it has been for this movie. Since day one, something special seemed like it was in store. It's nice to see that actually be fulfilled. Star Wars was the reason I got into following box office "full time" back in '97 and '99.

I have no idea what's coming out in December 2021, but judging by Titanic (1997), ROTK, (2003), Avatar (2009), and now TFA in 2015, it will probably be utterly massive. #TheSixYearRule

EPISODE IX

I BELIEVE IN THE FORCE

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I'm a huge Bernie supporter and even I turned that debate off halfway through.  O'Malley was on his period, the moderators couldn't form coherent sentences, and everytime Hillary would make an allegation they'd practically ask her to respond to her own allegation.  Plus the moderators wouldn't stop bringing up ISIS the whole time, everyone was speaking in circles.

Maybe it got better after the break, idk.  Id prefer to just watch a Sanders rally and watch the guy rant, that's fun.

Anyways back on topic, nobody in their right mind would skip Star Wars to watch politics on a Saturday night.  Don't use me as proof otherwise because I'm not in my right mind.

Yeah I didn't even know there was a debate tonight until like an hour ago, lol.  Was just having some fun/mild trolling earlier.

• Like 1