#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

2 minutes ago, mepal1 said:

I see the BO estimate for SW7 this weekend has dropped by around $30 mil, that is quite a drop, but film should still beat JW's opening record.

There is no doubt that SW7 will gross big sums of money daily through the Xmas hols, but when it comes to early January, will the film still have legs?

It's having great reviews and is a great movie in general, so I don't see why it won't have good legs.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Panda Menace said:

I just want it over JW's sat and Sunday.

I hate to burst your bubble but if it was going to get close to 70M, we would've gotten an update from Rth by now. My guess it stays in the low 60s followed by high 40s for Sunday for 230-235M OW, which is phenomenal any way you look at it. 

6 minutes ago, DarthArachnid!™ said:

Hindsight is 20/20 but it seems we may have underestimated the impact of these marathon/previews. But also we need to consider the need of a lot of fans to be able to say they saw it opening DAY(which obviously includes Friday proper). Add to that Super Saturday shoppers plus inhospitably cold weather in parts of the country and 60m is more impressive to me than 69m in the Summer movie season. 

This will easily break the second weekend record next week. Easily. 

Keep Calm and Let the Force be with You. :father:

I'm going for my 3rd viewing this Sunday and I'm probably breaking my personal record of repeated viewings with this film. 

And I do think that Sat numbers will be insane.

2 minutes ago, druv10 Maul said:

I hate to burst your bubble but if it was going to get close to 70M, we would've gotten an update from Rth by now. My guess it stays in the low 60s followed by high 40s for Sunday for 230-235M OW, which is phenomenal any way you look at it. 

BOT's prediction for OW might be on the nose.

They predicted around 231 m.

7 minutes ago, Rth said:

-Yes different time period by several hrs

-both figures include presales, and those figures are highest of any film ever in history by very long margin. 

-not total for all theatres, a sample, and that samples for TFA ratio to final number is also highest of any film ever

-time period is same both coasts, so a 1pm is 1pm WC & EC(not 4pm, seperate figure) 

Sat is prob more 63-65,at this point see how end of night looks 

Thanks, God has spoken. OW should be looking at 235-240M now. :D

2 hours ago, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

Avatar: opens to 77M in holidays

SW: opens to 220M+ in holidays

Nope, no way it could possibly beat Avatar. It's simply #crumbling too fast.

Yep, people in here hate Avatar so much they don't have a freaking clue why Avatar did so well.

Apart from America, as per usual its us Brits who are turning out in force to see SW7, and the UK take for the film this weekend is gonna be galactic, and far higher than any other of the International markets, playing at this point.

Currently SW7 Sat gross in North America will not be a record, and is likely to be only the 4th highest Sat BO take.

Edited by mepal1

1 minute ago, K1Rey said:

huh? that number would still be possible as sunday would jusr need to hit late 40's

Easily. Say, if its 63m on the lower range of what rth said, then a 23% drop (if my math is right) would lead to 48m Sunday. Total weekend: 231m OW. I think its doable.